Title: Audio Radio Clip for Community Protection and Legal Awareness
Total number of consultant: 1
Country Program: Protection, Thailand
Proposed Dates: ASAP
Duration: 10 April – 20 July 2023
Application Deadline: 27 March 2023
Background of the project
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
IRC’s Protection and Legal Assistance Centre (P-LAC), promotes the rule of law, access to justice, and provide the durable solution information for Burmese refugees living in Thailand. Since 2007, the project has established Legal Assistance Centers in 5 refugee camps (Mae La, Umpiem Mai and Nupo in Tak Province, Ban Mai Nai Soi and Ban Mae Surin in Mae Hong Son Province) and will expend to other refugee camps in the future. Currently, P- LAC is serving approximately 64,000 beneficiaries in total.
Scope of work
Under the supervision of the LAC Deputy Coordinator for Protection Mainstreaming, Audio Radio Clip for Community Protection and Legal Awareness Consultant will work closely with the LAC Deputy Coordinator for Protection Mainstreaming, Senior Training Officer with closely technical support from LAC Coordinator to develop and produce 8 Audio Clips for Community Protection and Legal Awareness Activities for refugees in Karen and Burmese Languages to ensure the refugee communities will receive update and timely accurately information on protection , legal knowledge and available services to promote and empower refugees to assert their rights and access their remedies.
• Set up the activity plan.
• Develop overall concept, radio, audio and scripts of 8 clips (each clip will be 5 – 7 minutes long) on designate topics.
• Able to deliver clear and understandable content to refugee communities in Burmese and Karen language.
• Coordinate with IRC to transform the key message for the develop audio scrips dialog.
• Working together with IRC to finalize the audio clips.
• Activities progress report to be submitted on designing and audio scrips have done.
• Complete 4 audio clips Karen and 4 audio clips Burmese Language on the 4 designate top-ics.
Payment Rate and Schedule:
• The payment amount will be per audio clip.
• Consultant will be paid each clip upon the completion of the assignment checking the quality of the products.
• IRC may withhold for taxes 3% as required by law and shall provide withholding certificates to the translator, accordingly.
• Minimum High School Diploma with relevant experience.
• At least 3 years working experience on develop and produce dialog an audio scrip and au-dio clips and any other type of medias.
• Prior work experience as recording engineer, voice over, scripts translator or similar.
• Work experience using studio recording software.
• Experience in using soundtracks and add sound effects in audio clips.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• The contractor has demonstrated ability to foster strong collaborative partner relations based on principles of mutual trust and respect, mutual accountability, reciprocity, inclusion and transparency.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills of English and Burmese/Karen
• Good knowledge of issues relating to refugee and displaced people.
• The contractor has experience and successfully on develop and produce dialog and audio clip and other type of medias.
• Able to work independently.
Languages and computer skills:
• Able to communicate effectively in spoken and written English skills plus Karen and Bur-mese
• Skilled in voice over
• Good computer skills and Competent in Windows, MS office programs and other relevant technology
• A full and fluent knowledge of recording or studio software
• Strong Computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to the below email:
Contact : Thailand.HR@rescue.org