Position : Research Nurse (พยาบาลวิจัยประจำศูนย์เชียงราย)
Organisation : Dreamlopments (DLP)
Deadline for application: 31 March 2023
Job Vacancy Announcement
Work location: Chiang Rai
Application deadline: 31 March 2023
Job start: as soon as possible
Dreamlopments (DLP) is a Thailand-based social enterprise and foundation working on aid and development for underserved communities. DLP is running a large project/study of community-based testing and treatment of HIV and hepatitis C (HCV) for people who use/inject drugs (PWID) in Thailand. The C-FREE study is being conducted by a large consortium of Thai NGOS, research institutes, academic experts, government officials and international partners. The project design includes a cohort study, and an HCV treatment study for participants with chronic hepatitis C. It currently takes place in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Songkhla, Narathiwat, Tak, Khon Kaen. The research sites currently include 8 “drop-in-centers” (DIC) run by local NGOs, and a new site is now to be opened in Chiang Rai. Partner hospitals participate in the study implementation. C-FREE was initiated in May 2019, and will close in 2023, to transition to a continuation protocol titled C-FREE-CSEA.
We are looking for a Research Nurse for C-FREE-CSEA site in Chiang Rai to oversee and coordinate the implementation of the C-FREE-CSEA study project with partners and study participants at the site. The Research Nurse is under the supervision of the Lead Study Principal Investigator (PI), Director of Research and Protocol Chair (DRPC), the Head of Programs (HP), but works closely on a daily basis with staff from the partner CBO and hospital.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Set up the clinical site with the research assistant at the assigned study site, which includes participation in procurement of local supplies.
- Be responsible for the overall conduct of the C-FREE study activities at the implementing site (DIC).
- Ensure that the C-FREE-CSEA study enrollment and procedures are conducted in accordance with the stipulations of Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Provide informed consent to study candidates, and enroll eligible participants.
- Provide counseling on HCV, HIV, hepatitis C and B, STDs, and LTBI.
- Draw blood specimens, conduct on site rapid antibody tests for HIV, HCV, HBV, and Syphilis.
- Conduct point of care HIV RNA, HCV RNA, HBV DNA and STD molecular testing for participants with reactive HIV, and/or HCV, and/or antibody/antigen testing or other protocol indication.
- Make appointment for HIV, HCV, HBV or STD treatment with study physicians, for participants with confirmed infections.
- Collect data for all participants on the study Case Report Forms, as per protocol. Submit/Enter data to the data management and analysis center (Biophics, Mahidol University, Bangkok).
- Work in close collaboration with staff from the partner CBO center in ensuring participant understanding of the study, enrolment, follow up and support.
- Progressively train and build capacity of staff from the partner CBO on relevant study procedures.
- Maintain close communication with the study Investigators on all aspects of the study.
- Ensure close collaboration with the affiliated hospital.
- Facilitate monitoring visits of study monitor and partner laboratory scientists.
- Keep inventory of study tests and study medicines.
- Other assignments as requested by the lead Principal Investigator and Study Coordinator.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Current Thai license as a registered nurse (RN) required.
- At least two (2) years of nursing care practice.
- Experience in clinical research a strong plus.
- Experience working in programs serving people who use drugs a strong plus.
- Experience working for non-government organizations a plus.
Skills and competencies:
- Positive attitude towards people who use drugs.
- A good understanding of, and interest in clinical research.
- Interest in the C-FREE-CSEA study objectives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work effectively as a member of an international, multi-disciplinary team.
- Proven organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to use standard office equipment and software, including MS Office.
- Communication skills (written and verbal) in English and Thai required.
- Thai Nationality.
- The position is based in the community-center of the study partner.
- Travel to other off-site clinical sites occasionally.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and most recent CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultantเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerนักวิจัย / Researcherนักพัฒนางานเขียน / Creative content developer