Job Title: Technology and Information Security Coordinator
Department: Resettlement Support Center Asia
LOCATION: Bangkok, Thailand
Application Deadline: 15 February 2023
Founded in 1933, International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world’s leading agencies working in post-conflict and development contexts, supporting communities in over 40 fragile, failed and developing states. In this capacity, we work to restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted, struggling to endure and wishing to advance on a path of development.
The Resettlement Support Center Asia (RSC Asia), funded by the US State Department Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM), assists persons throughout Asia seeking permanent resettlement in the United States. Responsible for a portfolio of 37 countries, RSC Asia: prepares refugee applications for the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) using START (a State Department–managed data system that supports the arrival and resettlement of refugees through technology); provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees and offers cultural orientation training to refugees bound for the United States.
Purpose of the Role: The Technology and Information Security Coordinator understands the NIST framework is responsible for leading all aspects of identifying, designing, implementing, and ensuring efficiency of technology and information security for RSC Asia. The coordinator will ensure that changes to existing processes, as well as the creation and implementation of new IT tools and processes, across all RSC Asia sites align with the with NIST/FISMA, Donor requirements and IRC’s policies. The coordinator is responsible for coordinating and overseeing information security projects relating to IT infrastructure and systems for RSC Asia. This position reports to the Senior Operations Coordinator
• Responsible for ensuring that RSC Asia aligns to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security compliance framework and is responsible for understanding all system details including: architecture; system components (hardware, software, peripherals, etc.); location of each system component; data flow; interconnections (internal and external); security categorization; security requirements; configuration management processes and procedures; users (roles, responsibilities, access controls, location, etc.).
• Maintains the security posture of the system, performs continuous monitoring, and ensures RSC Asia remains compliant with the NIST security standards.
• Leads all technical, strategic, and directional aspects of technical and informational security design, development, management, and support for the RSC Asia. This entails developing new concepts, methods, and strategies by putting into action depth and breadth of knowledge and experience to generate creative solutions to ensure compliance with NIST/FISMA, donor requirements and IRC policies.
• Provides direction and mentorship to RSC Asia IT staff members.
• Responsible and accountable for RSC Asia compliance with NIST/FISMA and donor requirements
• Work closely with IRC Regional and Country Office IT teams to ensure adoption of the systems, ensure business process redesign and standardization, helps to build capacities throughout the RSC Asia structure that ensure successful implementation.
• Work closely with RSC Senior Leadership and Country Office IT teams to prepare the annual budget regarding IT inventory, licenses, and other IT assets for RSC Asia.
• Maintain information technology strategies by managing, researching, and implementing technological strategic solutions in partnership with other RSC Asia IT Team and Regional/Global IT
• Provide virtual and on-site assistance to users: problem identification, instruction, and resolution of issues and escalate when necessary.
• Oversee incident logging, categorization, prioritization, and response in a timely manner.
• Analyze service request/incident trends and common complaints and problems to guide RSC Asia IT team resolution and systems improvement.
• Oversee the IT inventory, licenses, and other IT assets for RSC Asia and support the regional circuit rides with IT equipment preparations when necessary.
• Communicate Information Security technical terms and compliance requirements to end users and senior management in a service-oriented fashion.
• Exercise discretion to immediately report potential security breaches to Senior Leadership Team
• Develop Standard Operational Procedures in relation to NIST/FISMA, donor, and IRC requirements
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Operations Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: RSC Asia Senior Management Team, RSC Asia IT Support teams, System Engineer, Other Regional and Global IT Teams
External: Refugee Processing Center, IT vendors in close coordination with Global Supply Chain team
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with and understanding of NIST framework.
• Certifications and /or demonstrated experience preferred: A+ Certification, Network+ (CompTIA), Active Directory and ADManager Plus, PowerShell, Network experience (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP,VPN etc.) , Office 365 , Sophos, Proofpoint, MS Intune Management, ITIL, SCCM, CISM preferred
• Minimum 5+ years of experience managing information Security and/or IT at multi-site, multi-national organizations.
• Minimum 4+ years of leadership responsibility managing teams and including senior level management by exercising a high degree of latitude, autonomy, and accountability.
• Excellent consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management, staff, and vendors.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to communicate and work effectively and professionally with partners and colleagues in a cross-cultural environment.
• Solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Self-starter with proven track and capability in leading & running a team with multifaceted strengths.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment, particularly in multi-functional teams across multiple lines of business, over whom there may be no direct authority.
• Excellent analysis, evaluation and problem-solving skills
• Must be seen as trusted advisor with discretion for taking actions provided those activities are consistent with donor requirements and operating policies.
• Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated track record of applying program management principles, practices, and techniques with a strong results orientation.
• Skilled at facilitating multi-functional projects in an efficient yet collaborative manner.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Broad exposure to general suite of technologies common in IT departments – collaboration tools (box, Microsoft suite of office products) and other technology offerings
• Ability to speak to technical-level staff and develop written reporting and presentational content with level-appropriate messaging up to and including the senior executive level.
• Ability to develop positive relationship with the business community. Self-motivated and a problem solver who can assess and develop strategies for achieving the needs of the user community.
•Excellent verbal and written English
The position is currently based in Bangkok in an urban office environment. The position requires both domestic and international travel to support delivery of information safety related to USRAP processing within Thailand and throughout the region. A valid passport and the ability to acquire US and other visas, as necessary, is a requirement.
The employee is required to adhere to The IRC Way for professional conduct, as well as to be in compliance with all relevant IRC and donor policies and procedures while carrying out his/her duties.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please apply via the below link:
ขณะนี้มีเวปไซด์ปลอม หลอกให้โอนเงินบริจาคในนาม Oxfam โดยใช้ชื่อว่า th-oxfam.org กับ th-oxfam.com จึงขอแจ้งมา ณ ที่นี้ว่าปัจจุบัน องค์การอ็อกแฟมในประเทศไทยไม่ได้เปิดระดมทุนจากประชาชนทั่วไป และไม่มีการเปิดรับบริจาคใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น
At present, there are fake website under the names of th-oxfam.org and th-oxfam.com asking for donation, therefore, kindly be informed that Oxfam in Thailand currently does not accept any individual donation from the public and does not conduct any fundraising activity.
Please beware of donation scams!
เตือนภัย! ขณะนี้มีเว็บไซต์ปลอมและกลุ่มไลน์หลอกให้โอนเงินบริจาคให้แก่ Save the Children Thailand ทางมูลนิธิขอแจ้งว่าเว็บไซต์ของเรามีเพียง http://thailand.savethechildren.net เท่านั้น Save the Children Thailand ไม่อนุญาตให้บุคคลใดเรียกร้องและรับเงินบริจาคแทนมูลนิธิ และจะไม่ขอเงินบริจาคผ่านทางไลน์ หากท่านสงสัยว่าอาจจะกำลังถูกหลอกลวง กรุณาแจ้งตำรวจได้ทาง https://www.pct1599.net
Beware! There are currently fake websites and unauthorised LINE groups calling for donation, falsely claiming to be associated with Save the Children Thailand. Please be informed that our official website is http://thailand.savethechildren.net. We do not authorise any individuals to call for and accept donations on our behalf, and never ask for donations through LINE. If you have concerns that you are being deceived, please report directly to the police reporting channel - https://www.pct1599.net.
เว็บไทยเอ็นจีโอ สนับสนุนการใช้สัญญาอนุญาตครีเอทีฟคอมมอนส์และเผยแพร่แนวคิดวัฒนธรรมเสรี เนื้อหาในเว็บไซต์ไทยเอ็นจีโอดอทโออาจี ท่านสามารถเอาไปใช้งานได้เลยโดยไม่ต้องขออนุญาต เพียงท่านระบุที่มาและห้ามทำการค้า
ติดต่อประสานงาน - Contact
Tel : 099-014-3797
ผู้ดูแลเว็บ - Webmaster
Tel : 080-078-4016
บรรณาธิการ - Editor
Tel : 082-178-3849
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours : Mon-Fri , 9.00-17.00
2044/23 ถ.เพชรบุรีตัดใหม่ บางกะปิ ห้วยขวาง กรุงเทพ 10310
2044/23 New Phetchaburi Road, Bangkapi, Huai Khwang, Bankok 10310
+662 314 4112