Job Description | Consultant, worker empowerment & ethical supply chains (Pakistani consultant)
Job Title: Consultant, Worker Empowerment & Ethical Supply Chains
Duration: 6 months, with possibility of extension
Responsible to: Regional Director
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Issara Institute is an independent non-profit organization based in Asia and the United States tackling human trafficking and forced labour from the lens of business and human rights. The Institute was established in 2014 by a team of anti-trafficking experts coming out of the United Nations who created an alliance of private sector, civil society, and government partners committed to transformational, sustainable, worker-driven approaches to labour issues, especially those occurring in global supply chains. It is staffed by leading regional and international experts in labour rights, business and human rights, and research and technology.
We believe that, together, we can transform the lives of tens of millions of workers through worker voice, partnership, and innovation – that sustainable systems driving more ethical labour recruitment and working conditions are vital to the future of workers individually and collectively, to equity and fairness across supply chains, and to sustainable poverty alleviation efforts.
The Worker Empowerment & Ethical Supply Chains Consultants will play a critical role in expanding the programming, relationships, and networks of Issara Institute in Cambodia, Malaysia, and Nepal. Issara Institute is keen to engage with a wide range of workers, civil society, business, and government in these countries to understand what already exists - and what more would be beneficial - to workers, civil society, and responsible businesses, in terms of capacity and reach of services and systems to make all migrant workers’ lives better.
SCOPE OF WORK
Specific aspects of the scope of work of the Consultants include:
- Respond to worker voice through Issara’s hotline, social media, and case work.
- Handle Issara’s free migrant worker helpline and WhatsApp that workers can reach out to seek information about labor rights, exchange experiences, and consult about challenges that they face in the recruitment process and at work.
- Record all information into the Issara’s Inclusive Labour Monitoring (ILM) system in a timely manner and at the professional standard required by Issara.
- Serve as a case focal point for migrant workers, following Issara’s case management protocol.
- Strengthen worker voice and the power of Pakistani job seekers, migrant workers, and communities in Pakistan and across Malaysia.
- Actively participate in the planning and implementation of on-the-ground and online activities engaging Pakistani workers throughout Malaysia especially, those who are in the supply chain of Issara’s strategic partners, expanding their ability to know their rights and make their voices and needs heard.
- Conduct in-person online activities reaching out to Pakistani job seekers before coming to Malaysia, providing them with useful information to mitigate first mile risks and hear their recruitment experiences.
- Identify and maintain relationships with Pakistani migrant workers, worker groups, labour rights civil society organizations working with Pakistani workers, in order to strengthen referral networks and support options for workers.
- Through direct fieldwork, online outreach, and the work of collaborative civil society partners, develop and support worker Ambassadors to scale up worker-led empowerment, education, and advocacy.
- Support remediation and response to worker voice through private sector partnership and action in global supply chains.
- Help in the interpretation and analysis of feedback from Pakistani migrant workers, and the design of recommended remedial responses on the part of supplier business.
- Serve as an enumerator for Issara’s worker satisfaction surveys, recruitment fee surveys, and other field-based research and data collection, contributing to field reports and sharing key findings with stakeholders.
- Stay in touch with Pakistani workers throughout survey and remediation processes, ensuring that all are apprised on processes and responses relevant to their issues.
- Maintain confidentiality about any commercially-sensitive business information encountered in the field or elsewhere.
- Assist and serve as a co-trainer and co-facilitator for the training of interpreters within businesses’ human resource departments and recruitment agencies.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE
We have a lean, dynamic, seasoned team that is committed to change, innovation, and impact. We are conscientious, hold a high standard of care for the people we serve, and understand that we have to be able to work effectively with partners spanning the largest multinational corporations to the smallest grassroots CBOs.
Our work ecosystem is multicultural, respectful, and energetic, whether we are working on tasks in teams, or working alone from home. The Consultant should have:
- University Degree in social work, psychology, social sciences, law, or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional work experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of international and ethical standards in trafficking victim protection, and knowledge of how Pakistanis workers are recruited to work in Malaysia.
- Ability to handle complex/sensitive issues, and confidential data with discretion
- Flexibility and ability to function in a dynamic work environment, re-adjusting and re-prioritizing tasks when needed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including sensitivity to and appreciation for diverse viewpoints and different communications styles in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent data and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in English and Urdu required, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge in G Suite tools is preferable.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a CV, the names and contact details of three references, and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and relevant expertise to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note a cover letter specific to motivation and relevance for this position is required for consideration.
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultantผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorนักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative project developerล่าม , นักแปลภาษา / Translatorนักพัฒนางานเขียน / Creative content developerนักสื่อสารออนไลน์ / Online communication