Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Department: Field Operations
Location: Mae Sot
Application Deadline: 8th Febuary 2023
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The MS Senior Finance Officer provides effective day to day management of the finance and accounting activities of the IRC Tak province ensuring all transactions processed are in compliance with IRC regulations, policies and procedures.
1. Responsible for the finance verification of the payment requests and purchase request which are less or equivalent to US$500/- submitted to finance
2. Preparation of bank transactions in excel spreadsheet for Mae Sot office and ensure compliance with IRC/ Donors rules and regulations.
3. Review petty cash and bank reconciliations and ensure all records are correct and up-to-date (prepare daily cash flow report).
4. Support monthly preparing and calculation TAK CBAs Stipend
5. Verification calculation of withholding tax in compliance with the revenue’s rules & regulations
6. Reconcile all transactions for expenditure and ensure that accurate records are sent to the Finance Department BKK in accordance with finance reporting schedules
7. Supervise Finance officer, evaluate work performance and set job objectives using the IRC PME
8. Keep track of payment requests to make sure the transaction has been completed and cleared from the BvA system.
Assist conduct finance orientation for all new staff on finance procedures and policies as required
10. Ensure all IRC staff follow IRC’s cash, advance and banking policies by education staff through orientation and training.
11. Assist with staff's clearance of cash advance, tracking and reporting on all receivable balances.
12. Insure normal finance functions process in the absence of Mae Finance Manager or the Finance Officer.
13. Assist finance Manger consolidation of the Tak province monthly cash flow projections. Coordinate with all Project Coordinators ensuring monthly projections are accurate and complete. Submit to Deputy Field Coordinator for review before sending to BKK Finance for further processing.
14. Perform any other duties requested by supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Finance Manager
Position directly supervises: Finance Officer.
Internal: Operations and Program staff
External: Bank, Supplier, Vendor, Agency, Sub-grantees, Partner, Hospitals, NGOs
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce or Finance with a recognized professional certificate in accounting (CPA or equivalent certification would be preferred).
• Minimum 3 years of Finance and accounting experience.
• Experience working with refugees, displaced persons for humanitarian assistance organization or non-governmental organization (NGO) are advantage.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge (BVA, Integra system) highly desirable.
• Team player, fast learner with strong organizational skills.
• Flexibility and Adaptability.
• Good communication skills.
• Positive attitude and excellent service mind.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently, with high commitment to the assignment and deadlines.
Language Skills: English and Thai
The position will be based in the IRC office in Mae Sot, with extensive travel to Umphang field site.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please apply for this position via the below link:
Contact : HR Department