Position Title: Alumni Program Manager (Re-post)
Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reports To: Mekong Regional Director and the Head of EarthRights School
Travel: Frequent travel in the region is required
Application Deadline: Rolling until filled
EarthRights International is a non-governmental, nonprofit organization that combines the power of law and the power of people in defense of human rights and the environment, which we define as “earth rights.” We specialize in fact-finding, legal actions, training of grassroots and community leaders, and advocacy campaigns. EarthRights seeks to defend earth rights by working closely with communities to find real solutions that promote and protect human rights and the environment. We are currently seeking a Regional Communications Manager to join our team. The position is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand and requires occasional travel throughout the region.
The Alumni Program Manager leads the formalization of the EarthRights’ alumni program and co-creation of a network of inspired, engaged and involved alumni. The Alumni Program Manager works in partnership with all program teams and will lead the overall strategic plan for alumni engagement in the Mekong Region, including the co-creation of various support initiatives such as security and safety, training, information sharing and other areas in a way that builds community, extend the EarthRights’ experience and engagement alumni driving change. The Manager is also responsible for the day to day management of the program including financial management, MEL and supervision of the Alumni Coordinator. The position is based in Chiang Mai with our partner organization and requires frequent travel to remote locations within the Mekong Region.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of the Alumni program management including planning, implementation of activities, budget and finance management, monitoring, evaluation and learning, strategic development and day to day staff management and support.
- Lead the co-design and implementation of an alumni engagement program with close collaboration of EarthRights Alumni.
- Lead the team of co-designers and ensure that all processes are implemented in a participatory manner.
- Lead and deliver the alumni needs assessment and co-design appropriate interventions based on alumni needs.
- Lead the co-design of the alumni network digital platform.
- Recruit consultants for assessments as well as the delivery of technical components of the work ensuring high standard of quality.
- Ensure compliance with organizational rules and policies.
- Ensure the full integration of gender and social inclusion in all project activities.
- Develop small grant guidelines, processes, and procedures, training staff members on these procedures, and addressing all grant related questions.
- Provide information to alumni about the small grants, including goals and objectives. Assist in the management and administration of these grants.
- Manage the small grants initiative and ensure compliance with EarthRights and donor regulations, formats and requirements and policies, working in close coordination with relevant operational teams.
- Ensure progress against grant proposals/work plans while ensuring timely identification and mitigation of any potential challenges and/or delays.
- Ensure quality and timely submission of reports in line with requirements.
- Develop and maintain an effective and efficient two-way communication channel with alumni and ensure timely information is reaching the community.
- Ensure that all engagement and communications with alumni is undertaken with careful consideration of safety, security and confidentiality.
- Organize and facilitate team meetings, planning, reflection and learning initiatives.
- Work closely with the communications manager to develop targeted communication strategies for alumni to include email, print, social media, and other channels.
- Ensure that safety and security is integrated into the Program and that risk assessments are undertaken and reviewed periodically.
- Manage and mitigate any potential risks to alumni, program activities, or the alumni platform.
- Promote the alumni program internally and externally.
- Manage and supervise the work of the Alumni Engagement Coordinator including objective setting and performance management.
- Support the management of the alumni engagement budget, allocating resources to address strategic priorities.
- Other duties as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 years of experience designing and implementing relevant programs including human rights and environmental rights programs aimed at defenders and activists
- A sound understanding of the socio-political and economic contexts, risks and mitigation options in Southeast Asia
- Experience developing and facilitating civil society networks. Knowledge of and links to existing civil society networks in the region
- Knowledge of and experience with the development and implementation of participatory and community-led processes
- Sound understanding of digital and physical safety and security and experience of responding effectively to security incidents
- Experience developing digital based networking platforms and ability to learn and support the design and delivery of such network platforms
- Ability to synthesize complex information into understandable formats for multiple audiences
- Experience developing and delivering training using various learner centered methodologies including new technologies
- Strong research and analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to analyze policies, laws etc
- Strong understanding of gender and social inclusion issues and a demonstrative commitment to integrating these essential principles throughout EarthRights’ programming
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive and professional attitude and a track record of building strong relationships with a wide range of local and international partners
- Experience of using Information Technology (IT) to enhance the safety and security of activists and defenders.
- Experience of developing and delivering digital security initiatives preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken) and fluency/proficiency in at least one other Mekong language is desired
- Experience working in culturally diverse settings and willingness to travel regularly to remote locations and capacity to adequately assess and mitigate potential risks and challenges
How To Apply
Please visit our website to apply.
Due to the volume of applications, only short listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis beginning in January until positions are filled.
EarthRights International is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices, and actively encourages people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQI people to apply.
Facebook // Twitter // Instagram
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultantผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorนักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative project developerนักกิจกรรม / Activistผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project managerนักพัฒนางานเขียน / Creative content developerนักสื่อสารออนไลน์ / Online communication