Bottle Free Seas Project Coordinator
Post Title: Bottle Free Seas Project Coordinator
Type of employment: Fixed-term; Full time
Type of contract: 1 year (potentially renewable or convertible to a permanent position, subject to performance review)
Salary range: Based on experience
Location: Bangkok, Thailand with potential domestic travel as needed
This position is open to Thai citizens only.
Annual leave of 33 days (including Thai public holidays) increasing by 2 days each year; 1 personal day per year; additional paid leave over Songkran period; Health insurance plan.
The Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF) is an international organisation working globally to protect natural environments and the human rights of people who depend on them. EJF is working in Thailand to end illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing, human rights abuses on fishing vessels, and plastic pollution in Thai waters.
The Bottle Free Seas (BFS) pilot project is initiated with the aim of reducing the reliance of Thai consumers on purchasing plastic bottled water by creating a network of water refill stations. The project will encourage reusable bottle usage and advocate for the reduction of single use plastics (SUP) with an initial focus on plastic bottles through infrastructure improvements and high-level political advocacy.
EJF is seeking to employ a Project Coordinator to provide effective project coordination and support for the planning and implementation of the project. They will be working closely with partner organisations and other key stakeholders to support the quality programme delivery of the project that is aligned with EJF’s campaign objectives and donor contract compliance.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working closely with EJF’s Campaigner(s) and Project Managers in designing project strategy and implementation of the Bottle Free Seas pilot project
- Acting as a focal point for communications and actions between relevant stakeholders: both governmental and non-governmental agencies
- Conducting surveys, desk research, and data analysis to facilitate campaigning and the implementation of the project
- Preparing work plans and producing timely financial and progress reports as needed and/or required by funder
- Documenting project progress through the collection of media such as photos and video (as required) as well as testimonials from users, partners and other relevant stakeholders.
Bottle Free Seas Pilot Project duration: 1.5 years
Expected outputs and outcomes:
- Creating a ‘Bottle Free Seas network’ of like-minded actors with the main focus on environmental-related governmental agencies, leading cooperates with sustainability missions, and academic institutions by April 2023
- Installing at least 10 pilot water refill stations in collaboration with network members to reduce the reliance of public on purchasing plastic bottled water by June 2023
- At least 50,000 water bottles (500 ml.) reduced throughout the project implementation by the end of the pilot project
- Encouraging the transition from a focus on ‘recycle’ to ‘reduce and reuse’ with a focus on plastic bottles but eventually expand this concept to wherever possible throughout the project implementation
- Promoting concept of circular economy and how this relates to Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR), consumer choices, and governmental policies throughout the project implementation
Essential skills and experience:
- Fluency in Thai
- Professional proficiency in English language strongly preferred
- A degree in any relevant discipline (journalism, social science, environmental science, marine sciences, plastic pollution or marine-based debris, etc.)
- Strong planning, coordination, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Experience in grant management and managing project expenditures in alignment with grant budget proposal
- Relevant work experience (sustainability, water management, plastic pollution, NGOs, private sector, urban planning, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in forming and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders and engaging in high-level advocacy meetings and campaigns
- Adept at using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, etc) for administrative purposes
- Experience in conducting desk-based and/or field-based investigations or research projects
Desirable skills and experience:
- A higher degree in a relevant discipline
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrable interest in or experience working on any of the following topics: plastic pollution; plastic recycling; waste management; marine conservation issues.
- Experience in conducting similar projects
- Ability to take high-quality stills and video
Deadline: 15 February 2023 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
Please submit your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financierผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorนักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative project developerเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officerนักกิจกรรม / Activistนักพัฒนางานเขียน / Creative content developerธุระการ / Administrative