The Finance Assistant (Thailand Bases: Bangkok and Mae Hong Son) is in charge of all operations related to Cash, Accounting system SAGA, Bank and carry out bank process in payments and withdrawals. He/she is accountable for the petty cash/cashbook of the capital office and needs to assist Country Finance Manager in daily operational tasks at a national level.
Under the authority of:
- Country Finance Manager
- Finance Officer
- Finance Department.
- HR Department.
- Logistics and Security Department.
- Program Department.
- Banks and relates.
- Suppliers, Service Providers.
Maintaining petty cash, cashbook, cash register, accounting system, visiting to bank for cash withdrawals, bank transfer and bank statement. Ensure adherence of all processes to the ACTED manuals, policies and regulations.
- Take responsibility for the safe custody of petty cash and supporting documents and internal vouchers;
- Review and process of vouchers and cashbook: filling of vouchers and registration of voucher in cash book;
- Make payment for all items and services which have been approved by the Country Finance Manager & Country Director;
- Prepare and keep accurate accounts and records of all bookkeeping records, assisting in the preparation and maintenance of journal entries, etc. for recording all income and expenditure.
- Daily log, preparation of the excel accounting for importation in the SAGA accounting software;
- Maintain the capital office cash & bank process, follow up with base offices for the payments to suppliers/vendors and ensure the process in timely manner;
- Maintain accurate filing of electronic and hard copies;
- Dealing with Bank transactions as transfers and exchange money;
- Submit Cash Rounds Requests from Thailand to Myanmar Country Finance Manager;
- Vouchers: quality of vouchers should be checked by the Finance Assistant at the end of month and ensure all the financial documentations are uploaded/back up onto ACTED share drive
- Assist to Finance Manager in monthly account closure process
- Reviews monthly bank reconciliation statement for accuracy and ensure the reconciling items are cleared on time.
- Ensure the clearance of all advances at the end of each week.
- PerDiems and Allowances to International Staff.
- Assist to Country Finance Manager in monthly cash count with witness.
- To assist with preparing financial documents (purchase orders, payment vouchers, etc.,)
- Support staff submit claims for reimbursement; review vouchers to ensure there’s all necessary supporting documents are completed.
- Focal point of transfer service in Thailand.
- Work closely with Logistics team and support the procurement process according to the ACTED Logistics Manuals and Policies.
- Ensure the delegation of authorities regarding the ACTED authorization matrix.
- Assist Finance Manager in internal and external audit.
- Perform other duties as well if requested by management.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Met with objectives and functions for the role of Finance Assistant.
- Assigned tasks completed within the deadline.
- Correctly recorded the cash and bank transactions and back up the financial documentation.
- Positive manner and team work.
- Compliance with internal processes, and donor regulations.
- University degree and any relevant qualification in accounting or finance. Preferably certificate in LCCI level II.
- Minimum (1-2) years’ experience in similar position.
- English (fluent spoken and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent personal organizational skills including time management, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work with a team with positive attitude.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 098-464-2419
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financier