: The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
: 24 Nov 2022
23 / December / 2022
The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok seeks to fill the following position:
Accounting Manager, based in Bangkok
We are looking for a spirited team player with a can-do attitude to join our dynamic team.
Under the supervision of the Regional Finance & Administration Manager, the Accounting Manager oversees the accounting data produced and/or validated by the sector or department under responsibility, in compliance with internal procedures. She/he acts as a team leader of the accounting and finance department in Bangkok. We look forward to hearing from you to help support our humanitarian action worldwide.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to designing and implementing an internal and control system that guarantees reliable accounting data at any time.
- Ensures complete and accurate communication flow between the departments.
- Ensures that institutional assets are preserved as much as possible from losses and/or fraud. Supports in the design and implementation of procedures that guarantee that ICRC staff and suppliers are paid on time and the right amount.
- Proposes and implements the development of financial tools and regularly suggests updates on the associated financial procedures, in line with best practice for internal control systems. Identifies, reports and contributes to solving anomalies or technical defects in the tools under responsibility.
- In the field, suggests improvements to the system to enhance controls
- Supports and manages the accounting and finance department as well as provides support to the countries covered by the BAN Regional Delegation
- Supports the supervisor in analyzing the financial situation of the delegation (on implementation of various programs of ICRC)
- Assist in carrying out the finance and administration policies of the ICRC
- Provides the Finance briefing for all new employees in the Delegation in Thailand (and other countries covered by the BAN Regional Delegation)
- Monitors the annual, quarterly and monthly closings under supervision of the Regional Finance and Administration Manager, both in terms of closing deadlines and ensuring quality of accounting data are recorded properly
- Ensures the accuracy, completeness, validity, justification and approval of accounting document according to the rules on financial management, chart of accounts, F&A manual, accounting guidelines and policies. Ensures these documents are available, understood and respected by all in the BAN regional delegation
- Performs or reviews the necessary reconciliations between the modules(s) under responsibility and the general ledger. Performs regular integrity checks of account balances. Identifies anomalies early and takes relevant corrective measures
- Ensures to review and complete the response to monthly transaction review comment and quarterly report provided by the internal auditor on timely manner and with good quality of the response.
- Ensures maintenance of sound accounting documentation to meet external and internal audit requirements and supervises filing of accounting data and relevant supporting documents.
- Actively contributes to the annual financial exercises (budget, SITFIN, Analytical reviews, Field Financial Review, etc.) as per instruction and supervision of the Regional Finance and Administration Manager
- Reviews accuracy and completeness of the budget entries from various departments and consolidates the budget to produce the draft budget for submission to the Regional Finance and Administration Manager. Gathers similar information for completion of the other financial reports
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Master’s degree in finance or business (MBA) is preferable
- 5 years’ work experience in a similar function
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Very good computer skills including excel
- Flexible and able to occasional travel within the country/region
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC policies and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and good analytical and communication skills
- Service mind
- Dynamic and challenging work in the humanitarian sector and international environment
- Competitive salary with benefits, good working conditions and in-house training/development
- Initial 1-year employment contract with possibility of renewal into open-ended contract (subject to performance review)
Preferred starting date: ASAP
Submission deadline for applications: 23 December 2022
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of background, race, religion, gender, age, disability, or status.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, following this format for the subject line: POSITION – First Name Surname by email only to: email@example.com
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview and the ICRC will not keep the files of applicants who were not shortlisted