Vacancy – General Service Supervisor, Finance and Operations Department, Mekong Institute, Khon Kaen, Thailand
MI is an intergovernmental organization that contributes to regional cooperation and integration through capacity development, dialogue, and advocacy for the acceleration of sustainable socioeconomic development and poverty alleviation in the Greater Mekong Subregion.
Founded and represented by Cambodia, P.R. China, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam, MI’s strategies are aligned with the core tenets of the GMS Cooperation Program Strategic Framework 2030, ASEAN Economic Community, and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
MI supports these frameworks through the implementation of projects across the areas of Agricultural Development and Commercialization, Trade and Investment Facilitation, and Sustainable Energy and Environment, while addressing issues of social inclusion and vulnerability, digital economy and innovation, and labor mobility to cement holistic and sustainable development impacts in the subregion and beyond.
General Service Supervisor, General Service (GS) Unit, Finance and Operations Department
We are seeking a General Service Supervisor for General Service (GS) Unit, Finance and Operations Department. The position is based at Mekong Institute, located on Khon Kaen University campus, Northeast Thailand. Khon Kaen, a growing city, is the commerce and political center of Northeastern Thailand and an important gateway to other GMS countries.
Main deliverables, responsibilities and tasks
- Provision of efficient administration and information technology services for all MI operations, in accordance with approved policies and procedures
- Provision of systematic and efficient security, transport, cleaning and maintenance services for MI premises, vehicles and other assets.
- Provision of timely and efficient services for MI guests and visitors, and external partners through pro-active nurturing of networks.
- Manage and respond to the conference rooms and accommodation rooms on time and in proper ways.
- Provide and assign the Project Operations Support Assistants the support to each program department as required by the program departments’ request.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Manage, train and directly supervise general services staff including, Information Technology Support Officers, Project Operations Support Assistants, Administrative Assistants, Receptionist, Technicians, Housekeepers, and Drivers
- Ensure that timely and proper administration, conference, logistics and accommodation support is provided to MI programs and MI staff, clients and guests
- Ensure an effective and efficient day-to-day operation of the MI offices and residential training centre facilities (conferences, meetings and hotel accommodation)
- Liaise with the relevant functional units in relation to administrative and logistical requirements
- Manage Unit petty cash and cash advances: disburse, reconcile and report on petty cash expenditure according to approved procedures.
- Ensure 24-hour security is available for MI premises and monitors the quality of the service
- Ensure that vehicle services are available for official MI activities including appropriate assignment of vehicles and drivers
- Ensure that MI vehicles have updated and complete documentation to facilitate border crossings
- Manage MI assets directly at Khon Kaen and through staff in the Field Offices, including twice a year physically check MI facilities, furniture and equipment to ensure effective and efficient running condition.
- Monitor and supervise regular and proper upkeep and maintenance of MI building, rooms, offices, furniture and equipment: recommend and initiate proper and timely actions taken for the replacement, repair, or improvement as needed.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance and repairs of vehicles, facilities, building, accommodation, equipment and furniture.
- Liaises with Khon Kaen University and other relevant authorities for required repairs, expansion and improvements for the residential training centre and surrounding areas including electricity and water services.
- Prepare budget estimates for repairs, maintenance and replacement of spare parts for vehicles, facilities, building, rooms, furniture and equipment.
- Review and recommend improvements on contractual agreements to ensure that they are in accordance with policies and the laws of the Government of Thailand.
- Liaise with relevant external parties and agencies regarding taxation, licenses, insurances, travel and other matters pertinent to MI.
- Provide necessary capacity development support to all supervisees in order to ensure they are fully competent to fulfill their role and tasks
- Assist in the preparation of MI annual budgets
- Stand in for receptionist as needed
- Any other reasonable task assigned by senior management
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business administration, and or hospitality/service management, or related.
- Proven knowledge and skills in administration, information technology, office and fixed asset management, management of logistics, travel arrangements and transport including crossing border documentation process.
- At least three years of progressive experience in administration, logistics, and organizational general services.
- Good knowledge of staff management, interpersonal skills and dealing with external parties at all levels and with various backgrounds.
- Computer fluency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Willing to work long hours.
- Ability to make quick but appropriate decisions.
- Ability to lead and work well in a team.
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of at least one GMS country national language
- Experience in an international organization
If you have the skills and experience to exceed in this position and are passionate about equitable and inclusive economic growth in GMS, please send your CV and cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 3, 2022, titled ‘General Service Supervisor’.
The Job Announcement opens for both internal and external candidates.
Please note that only applications successful in progressing to the next stage will be responded to.
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financierเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerธุระการ / Administrative