Gender Equality & Social Inclusion Officer
USAID Thailand Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP)
Position: Gender Equality & Social Inclusion (GESI) Officer
Location: Winrock International, Bangkok, Thailand
Duration: Up to five years
Closing Date: December 6, 2022, 11.59 hrs. Bangkok time
Position Purpose: Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the Gender Equality & Social Inclusion (GESI) Officer position for the USAID Thailand Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) project. The ten-year USAID Thailand CTIP project, currently in its sixth year, builds off existing work from the previous five years to address the root causes of human trafficking, advocate and protect vulnerable populations from trafficking and abuse, prevent at-risk populations from risky migration, and assist the Royal Thai Government in reforms needed to effectively combat trafficking and supporting victims. The GESI Officer will support GESI initiatives and activities within the USAID Thailand CTIP project.
Position Overview: The GESI Officer will support technical program staff to integrate gender and inclusion of marginalized groups throughout project implementation. The GESI Officer will work with the previously developed Gender and Inclusive Development Action plan and other staff members to assess where gender gaps exist, define the different risks of men, women, and other groups vulnerable to trafficking in Thailand, and propose specific approaches and strategies to mitigate social discrimination through the project.
The GESI Officer will be responsible for leading GESI-related initiatives and activities for USAID Thailand CTIP, including but not limited to the following:
- Under the management of the Chief of Party, lead activities identified in the Gender and Inclusive Development Action plan.
- Develop tools and materials needed to effectively integrate a gender equality and social inclusion framework within USAID Thailand CTIP activities, budgeting, communications, and monitoring and evaluation
- Act as the focal person for linking USAID Thailand CTIP with efforts to promote gender equality and social inclusion, and engage organizations focusing on migrants, indigenous people, people with disabilities and LGBTQI+ issues for coordination and collaboration, including reducing TIP vulnerabilities among these marginalized groups
- Collaborate with other project staff, stakeholders and partners to streamline GESI considerations in all project activities
- Oversee gender integration into all training materials, public awareness and outreach strategies, project communications, and other key activities
- Contribute to work plans, success stories, progress reports, research evaluation panels and reports, communications materials, and event planning and facilitation
- Collaborate with monitoring, evaluation, and learning staff and program staff to ensure monitoring systems appropriately capture GESI outcomes, monitor potential unintended consequences, and assist program staff and partners to take corrective action, as needed
- Work closely with the Government Engagement Project Manager to ensure that project activities are aligned with government led national and regional priorities and identify opportunities for coordination in the areas of gender and social inclusion
- Complete other tasks as assigned by Winrock
- Education: Degree in international development, social science, political science, human rights, gender studies or other related field
- Experience: Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in gender, social inclusion, and/or work with marginalized populations (including migrants) in Thailand.
- Computer/Technical Skills: Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communications
- Language: Fluent English and Thai speaking and writing skills required
- Required Travel: Willingness to travel and work throughout Thailand as needed
- Position-Specific Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to provide policy and programmatic advice to development projects on GESI issues
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, and conflict management skills
Applicants should apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 6th , 2022. Please include “GESI Officer” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume) in one PDF as ‘Last Name, First Name.pdf’ (e.g., Smith_Jane.pdf). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Winrock would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted.
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultantผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorนักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative project developerนักวิจัย / Researcherธุระการ / Administrative