: Chemonics International, Inc.
: 21 Nov 2022
2 / December / 2022
Finance and Operations Manager
Global Health Supply Chain- Procurement Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Thailand/Laos
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Thailand/Laos is the primary vehicle through which USAID (1) procures and provides health commodities, (2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and (3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. The Thailand/Laos office will primarily work under the project’s President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) task order to provide Malaria commodities and supply chain technical assistance.
The Finance and Operations Manager will be responsible for all finance, administration, and operations functions necessary to implement the project activities in Thailand and Laos. In addition, he/she will be responsible for assisting the Country Director with the development and implementation of financial and operational management systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the accounting cycle, including the processing of accounting transactions in accordance with the general principles of accounting and Chemonics policies and procedures and prepare appropriate documentation of journal entries, payment requests, and general ledger reconciliations.
- Support work planning efforts, budgeting, and active monitoring of project expenditures
- Review staff expense reports and timesheets for accuracy and processes monthly payroll.
- Work closely with local accounting firm to process tax withholdings and other required government payments in order to comply with local fiscal law.
- Prepare and maintain all the project financial reporting for the Thai authorities.
- Ensure that all financial transactions and practices related to project activities in Thailand and Laos adhere to USAID and government regulations.
- Ensure that incurred costs are allowable, allocable, and reasonable in accordance with USAID cost principles and Chemonics policies and procedures.
- Prepare and process timely financial reporting using ABACUS (Chemonics accounting system) and provide supporting documentation for all expenses entered in the system.
- Oversee the purchase of office supplies and other small to mid-size local procurements.
- Prepare and submit monthly accounting reports to the home office, respond to questions from home office accounting unit and project management unit.
- Maintain transparent and audit-proof record keeping systems and ensure fair and transparent procurement processes that adhere to both USAID regulations and Chemonics standard operating procedures.
- Assist with local procurements as needed, including drafting and releasing tenders, evaluating and selecting vendors, drafting purchase orders and maintaining all relevant documentation in the project files.
Operations and Human Resources
- Support technical implementation through timely reviews and effective management of subcontracts and leases with vendors, as well as relevant software licenses.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. government regulations, Chemonics’ corporate policies, laws of Thailand, and any supplemental policies developed specifically for GHSC-PSM.
- Monitor and supports the standardization of operational systems and policies.
- Support the achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Manage collection and filing of staff timesheets and other personnel and consultant records and ensure that all are properly updated on a routine basis and kept confidential.
- Process staff leave applications, and maintain trackers (e.g., annual and sick leave).
- Track and monitor level of effort (LOE) for local short-term consultants and professional services agreements.
- Manage staff benefits and welfare administration.
- Ensure that the Local Hire Employee Manual and administrative policies, procedures, and manuals are disseminated and understood by all staff.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or relevant field
- At least seven years of international project management experience, including managing field office finance and operation systems.
- In depth knowledge of the operating environment and employment regulations in Thailand.
- Detailed knowledge of and experience with financing and accounting for USAID projects.
- Experience working on USAID or donor-funded programs required
- Experience in bookkeeping and accounting.
- Possess excellent organizational and strong multi-tasking skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft tools and Apps and Abacus accounting software
- Proficiency in English required
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position will be based out of Bangkok, Thailand
The Finance and Operations Manager will report directly to the USAID GHSC-PSM Country Director
Please submit you application to: PSMRDMARecruit@gmail.com
By December 02, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted