Location: Pom Prap Sattru Phai, Bangkok
Start Date: ASAP
Purpose of Position:
We are a food rescue foundation that is committed to rescuing, surplus food to feed people in need and help the environment by tackling food waste issues (food rescue is the core of the SOS mission)
SOS is committed to educating, the general public and our clients about food waste, nutrition and living a healthier lifestyle
SOS is committed to engage, with the community to maximize our impact
To achieve this vision SOS prides itself not only on being logistic experts but also having an exceptional ‘customer and community service’ focus.
We expect from our team members a strong commitment and passion for food rescue and education with the organization’s vision at the forefront of all decisions and actions.
Food Program Coordinator will be under direct supervision of the Assistant Operations Manager. This position is based, but not limited in Bangkok.
This position will handle the coordination with relevant stakeholders internal and external.
Food Safety is undoubtedly the top priority of a food rescue program. It is one of the reasons food donors hold SOS with high regard as we have been providing consistent quality service in delivering edible surplus food to people in need. However, SOS is also starting to grow past its initial capacity for inspection and will most likely continue to grow in the future. Therefore, Food Program Safety Executive is required to help SOS grow while maintaining, if not upgrade, its service.
Food Program Coordinator will provide technical advice and actions to ensure food safety and quality along the food rescue operation. This technical advice and actions shall include, but is not limited to, establishing new food safety guideline to cope with growing operations, setting up a system to keep track of food safety in operation, and training operational staff, food donors, and food recipients in handling food safely.
Aside from Food Rescue Operation the Food Program Coordinator is required to oversee the other SOS food programs as well.
- Prepare and implement training courses or workshops on food safety and provide specific technical advice.
- Develop food safety and food control training materials and curricula.
- Lead the assessment of operation, partners, and potential partners’ food safety practices.
- Review food safety and quality policies, and lead in customizing the most effective food safety practices for SOS and its partners.
- Provide guidance on strengthening food safety risk assessment processes in microbiological chemical or other risk disciplines, including emerging food safety risks, as well as use of the risk analysis framework by food control authorities.
- Monitor food quality in food rescue operation. This includes bringing skills or taking samples for quality testing and refrigerated truck temperature.
- Work closely with food donor, Food Rescue Program team, food recipients, and fundraising to ensure food safety throughout SOS Operations.
- Design, conduct, and develop food program by doing research, data collection and analysis, and prepare technical reports.
- Manage overall food programs and some ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
- Build professional relationship with key staff of the donor and recipient agencies
- Participate in meetings and fundraising events as assigned.
- Always seek for potential and forge strong relationships with SOS key partners
- A degree in any related disciplines (food science, food technology is preferred)
- Years relevant experience in one or more areas related to food hygiene and systems development, project coordinator, and project management are preferred.
- Fluent in written and spoken Thai and English
- The ability to communicate in English is highly preferred
- Proficient in advance MS Office skills in Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Ability to work with diverse personalities and with cross functional teams
- Service mind
- Thai Nationality only.
Personal Abilities and Aptitudes
- A strong commitment and enthusiasm towards the vision of SOS.
- Energetic, positive, and proactive.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Good facilitation and presentations skills
- Confident and resilient individual who is well-organized and outcome-focused.
- Internal: Senior Operations Manager, Assistant Operations Manager, Food Rescue Team in SOS Regional and Global Team.
- External: Food Donors, Recipient Communities, Strategic Partners, Government Agencies, Volunteers, and Service Providers.
- 40 hours a week, must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Vacation 10 days and 14 public holidays.
- Sick leave with doctor’s proof after 3-day period, up to maximum 30 days.
- Probation period of 90 days.
- Negotiable based on experience.
- Health coverage after probation period of 90 days.
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator