Job Title: Clinical Manager (Roving)
Location: Mae Sot –TAK Thailand with possibility to travel to other locations
Application Deadline: 26 January 2022
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
IRC provides primary health care and environmental health services in several refugee camps in Thailand. IRC provides preventive and curative health care services in the camps, including primary health care, reproductive health, neonatal care and health education. Clinical services include out-patient department (OPD) and in-patient department (IPD) care; laboratories supporting IPD/OPD and reproductive health clinics; pharmacy services for essential drugs; community health education, and mental health care. Environmental health services aim to create a healthy living environment for refugees living in the camps through the provision of quality water and sanitation facilities, leading efforts to improve access to chlorinated water, sanitation, and hygiene in the camps.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Health Coordinator the Senior Clinical Manager is responsible for provision of clinical consultations of complicated cases, decisions on referrals, planning and organizing refresher trainings for clinical, reproductive and child health (RCH) and other refugee health workers, and monitoring of clinical services to improve / maintain the quality of clinical services provided by the refugee health workers in the absence of SCMs in the IRC supported camps. The Senior Clinical Manager will provide supervision, on-going coaching, and technical support to psychosocial manager, RCH midwife, laboratory technical officer(s), and community health supervisor. He/she will assist the Senior Health Coordinator in developing/monitoring assigned budgets and spending plan as necessary, in order to ensure donors obligations. In addition, the Senior Clinical Manger will assist in disease surveillance activities, outbreak investigation and response, on-time data verification of Health Information System (HIS) reporting.
• Provide clinical consultation to severe and complicated cases from Outpatient Department (OPD), Inpatient Department (IPD), Antenatal Care (ANC), Postnatal Care (PNC) and delivery room in camp clinics, provide screening for referral cases, and facilitate the referral processes. Ensure the correct diagnosis and treatment provided according to guidelines in all health facilities.
• Provide coaching, bedside teaching and in-service training and supervision to clinical and RCH staff in the OPD, IPD and reproductive health clinics. Assess training needs of health program staff, community health workers, develop training plan, and provide refresher trainings.
• Provide monitoring and evaluation of the knowledge and skills of clinical and RCH staff, community health workers and provide feedback to improve identified gaps.
• Review and verify weekly and monthly Health Information System (iRHIS) reports and registers, provide feedback to HIS staff, and follow up with camp staff on information needed. Participate in communicable disease surveillance, outbreak investigation and response activities according to requirement of the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) guidelines.
• Participate in communicable disease surveillance, outbreak investigation and response activities according to guidelines and recommendations of MOPH as needed.
• Ensure the utilization of drugs and medical supplies are in line with protocols. Provide technical oversight in reviewing monthly consumption patterns, approving monthly requisition, and facilitate the procurement of drugs and medical supplies.
• In coordination with the community health team, supervise the planning, implementation, and analysis of surveys and serve as a focal point when needed.
• Develop work plan, monitor the progress of services to ensure quality care and verify that program indicators and targets are met to ensure the quality of services. Ensure adequate and timely reporting on program activities to IRC management staff, program partners, and donors.
• Assist the Senior Health Coordinator in preparing health program budgets and spending plan to ensure expenditures are on track and utilized according to donor requirements and regulations and developing new or revised budgets as necessary.
• Review and Revise IRC Thailand Health Program SOP, Protocol, Guideline align with Thailand MOPH and Global IRC Standard.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Health Coordinator
Position directly supervises: None
Indirect supervise: Camp-based medical team
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Country Director, Deputy Director of Programs, Mae Sot Field Coordinator, Senior Health Coordinator, Health Coordinator, M&E Team, IRC Headquarters health technical advisor(s), IRC health staff in all Thailand sites, Bangkok-based program unit, IRC Women’s Protection and Empowerment program team in all Thailand sites; IRC protection team in all Thailand sites; sub-grants compliance unit; finance unit; Operations/Logistics/Supply Chain unit.
External: Local community-based partner organizations, CCSDPT Health Sub-Committee, Thai public health authorities, non-governmental organizations, World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control (CSC), International Organization for Migration (IOM), United Nations agencies engaged with IRC programs.
MD or MBBS; Post Graduate Diploma on Family Medicine/Pediatric/ Obstetrics and Gynecology
Minimum five (5) years working experience, of which at least two years in clinical care, care of pregnant women and delivery, and training of health staff, preferably in a primary care setting. Previous work experience in reproductive health in a refugee setting or in developing country is a plus.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Strong clinical skills with up-to-date medical knowledge
• Able to manage chronic medical conditions with limited resource
• Experience working in partnership with local and community-based partners in health services delivery.
• Good budget management skills.
• Experience in managing and mentoring multicultural staff and ability to manage sizeable multicultural team delivering assistance involving a wide array of program stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong writing and analytical skills, including ability to communicate technical matters to a range of audiences.
• Competent in Windows, MS office programs, email, and relevant health database (HMIS, DHIS etc.).
• Professional demeanors.
• Experience in implementation of communicable disease outbreaks investigations and response.
• Fluency in English. Proficiency in Burmese, Thai, Karen is an advantage.
Working Environment: The position will be based in the IRC office in Mae Sot, with frequent and regular travel to the refugee camps, and the Thailand-Myanmar border area.
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please apply via the below link:
Contact : HR Department