Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Health)
Location: Sangklaburi, Kanchanaburi
Application Deadline: 26 January 2022
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
IRC strives to produce quality proposals, reports and evaluations that illustrate measurement of contractual goals and activities, but also includes analysis of context and dynamic needs of beneficiaries at the community-level. Programming and program cycle management thus require a more strategic and technically sound approach to monitoring and evaluation (M&E) in order to better support program management, compliance to donor reporting and learning through consolidation and dissemination of lessons learnt from completed and ongoing programs.
Under the direct supervision of Senior M&E Manager, this position is responsible for supporting all M&E related assignments of the IRC Thailand Health Program. The position assists the health program monitoring and evaluation framework to ensure quality, timely, accurate and utility information in support of implementation of the program sector activities.
He or she will assist Senior M&E Manager in proposal development and ensure project log frames are well designed in line with the IRC Outcomes and Evidence Framework (OEF), project designs aligned to IRC Monitoring for Action (MfA) standards/M&E Handbook.
1. Data Management and Quality Assurance
• Assist Senior M&E Manager in development of Country Health M&E system
• Assist on regular updating on archiving projects M&E key documents, guidelines, tools, data files, analysis files, reports and presentations in shared drive or box.
• Develop a list of data to be collected to report on progress at outcome and output level
• Participate in implementation of data collection methodologies and data quality control tools including a data collection sheet, about timing and frequency of data collection
• Provide M&E technical support to and work collaboratively with Health Program team.
• Provide inputs in development/adaptation of M&E tools and data collection tools
• Develop Monitoring and Support (MS) activities workplan in line with the project workplan
• Conduct data verification and analysis for project data
• Strictly follow documentation procedures in accord with M&E guideline
• Assist in any project assessment, surveys, operational research and field testing of M&E tools and systems as needed.
• Conduct field monitoring and evaluation to ensure quality project activities and develop propositions for improvement
• Ensure proper usage of IRC electronic tools and facilitate in submission of quality iRHIS report.
• Provide technical input on donor reporting in accordance with standardized M&E templates and ensure all M&E reports are produced with highest quality and submitted in a timely manner
• Regularly update the project Indicator Tracking Sheets in collaboration with program activities
• Ensure regular dissemination of Outbreak response bulletins to the Program Manager, Senior M&E Manager whenever necessary.
3. Capacity Building
• Provide on the job support and mentoring to health program staff and partners’ staff, and design trainings on data quality, management and analysis based on staff and M&E training needs and conduct follow up of each training.
• Assist technical managers and senior managers in providing technical oversight for the quality control of programs
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (Health)
Position directly supervises: none
Indirect Reporting: none
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Senior Health Coordinator, Health Coordinator, Mae Sot Field Coordinator, Senior Clinical Managers, Maesot Operation team, IRC health staff in all Thailand sites, IRC program unit, IRC operations unit, IRC finance unit.
External: Local community-based partner organizations, Thai public health authorities, Tak Public Health Office, non-governmental organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, statistics, or related fields with at least 3 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation related assignments
• Experience in developing tools and systems program tracking and documentation.
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including logical models, conceptual frameworks, and assessment/evaluation.
• Experience of implementing beneficiary complaint and feedback mechanisms.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
• Preferred knowledge of mobile data collection tools.
• Familiarity with information management systems and analysis software is a plus.
• Excellent teamwork including abilities to coordinate well with diverse individuals and teams and to negotiate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve results.
• Knowledge of the trends and issues in international aid monitoring, knowledge management and measurement.
• Fluent in English communication of speaking, listening, and writing
• Able to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships
• Work productively in a team environment and the ability to meet unexpected demands.
Working Environment: The position will be based in the IRC office in Sangklaburi, Kanchanburi, with extensive travel to the field sites.
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please apply via the below link:
Contact : HR Department