Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (Health)
Location: Mae Sot
Application Deadline: 26 January 2022
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
IRC strives to produce quality proposals, reports and evaluations that illustrate measurement of contractual goals and activities, but also includes analysis of context and dynamic needs of beneficiaries at the community-level. Programming and program cycle management thus require a more strategic and technically sound approach to monitoring and evaluation (M&E) in order to better support program management, compliance to donor reporting and learning through consolidation and dissemination of lessons learnt from completed and ongoing programs.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Health Coordinator, this position is responsible for supporting all M&E related assignments and management of the IRC Thailand Health Program. The position supports the development and implementation of the health program monitoring and evaluation framework to ensure quality, timely, accurate and utility information in support of implementation of the program sector activities. This position will participate in proposal development and ensure project log frames are well designed in line with the IRC Outcomes and Evidence Framework (OEF), project designs aligned to IRC Monitoring for Action (MfA) standards, data are properly collected and collated using the designated IRC data collection and management systems and ensure data protection protocols are respected. This position will work closely with, and with guidance from the M&E Coordinator.
1. Data Management and Quality Assurance:
• Review existing M&E tools, systems and approaches and design various data collection tools, and in consultation with the Senior Health Coordinator and the M&E Coordinator to ensure high quality data are collected.
• Performs Data Quality Assurance (DQA) exercise and ensure that programs generate quality data through monitoring visits, spot checks and regular data verifications.
• Work with health team to develop indicators and M&E Performance Plan in consultation with the Senior Health Coordinator and the M&E Coordinator.
• In consultation with the Senior Health Coordinator and the M&E Coordinator, work with health team on annual KAP surveys, Client Responsiveness, data processing frameworks and supporting to IRC Thailand program’s participation in Research study and assessment.
• Produce monthly and quarterly dashboard/summary reports on the reach versus targets as outlined in the project log frames
• Update on archiving projects M&E key documents, Country M&E system guideline, tools, data files, analysis files, reports and presentations in shared drive or box.
• Ensure effective storage of assessments, surveys, and evaluations and/or organizational knowledge in shared folders or box and help promote learning across the organization.
• Data storage and secure accessibility of data by project staff and country management team
• Data collection, including digital data collection where feasible
• Manage external evaluations in partnership with relevant stakeholders, such as donor or project managers, including the development of Terms of Reference, selecting consultants or evaluators, oversight of contract, reviewing outputs
2. Program Design, Reporting and Compliance
• Work with the M&E Coordinator to ensure health programs aligned to the IRC Monitoring for Action (MfA) standards/M&E Handbook
• Indicator development across projects and geographic locations, including incorporation of organizational core indicators
• Assist to Senior Health Coordinator and M&E Coordinator in developing log-frames and theories of change for new project proposals, including consistency with the IRC’s library of core outcomes and indicators
• Routine monitoring of program activities
• Follow and monitor the reporting calendar and ensure timely submission of IRC and donor indicator data
• Assist in conducting regular analysis to: (1) compare data against project milestones, targets, and quality expectations across project sites; (2) identify issues requiring further attention; (3) define action needed and assign responsibility and deadlines
• Support the preparation of high quality, analytical reports and support program activity reporting and synthesize across sites on a regular basis in accordance with expected results throughout Program term
• Develop plans to strengthen existing client feedback mechanism and support program team strategies to document available client feedback.
• Ensure client feedback are regularly captured through feedback logbook and updated in feedback registry.
• Work with M&E Coordinator in strengthening the IRC Thailand country program health M&E system and roll out comprehensive M&E plans based on the need of the country program’s health programming with corresponding data collection and analysis tools aligned with agreed work plans, log frames, and performance indicators.
• With guidance of Senior Health Coordinator and M&E Coordinator, lead IRC Thailand Health program Annual Beneficiary Counting and Annual Statistic Reporting.
3. Capacity Building
• Provide on the job support and mentoring to health program staff and partners’ staff, and design trainings on data quality, management and analysis based on staff and M&E training needs and conduct follow up of each training.
• Assist technical managers and senior managers in providing technical oversight for the quality control of programs
• Assist the M&E Coordinator in building the capacity on IRC M&E processes, data collection and updates to program staff.
• Work with the M&E Coordinator to support capacity development for IRCs local partners through technical training, coaching, mentoring.
4. Program Review, Learning and Evaluation
• Support the Senior Health Coordinator in documenting, disseminating, and applying good practices and lessons learnt in the program review meetings.
• Participate in designing and implementation of the different internal surveys, research, and evaluations.
• Organize data analysis of health situation in camps that will help Program managers give recommendations for required actions to be taken during program review meeting
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Health Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Senior M&E Officer
Indirect Report(s): N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Country Director, Deputy Director of Programs, M&E Coordinator, Program and Award Management Unit staff, Health, Protection, Livelihoods and WPE staff, Operations and Finance staff
External: IRC local partners
• Advanced degree in statistics or the social sciences with emphasis on measurement
• At least seven (7) years of professional experience with demonstrated skills in:
- Developing and implementing M&E systems (including database design)
- Strategic planning and performance measurement, indicator selection, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methodologies
- Collecting data
- Remote monitoring
- Data analysis and using data for decision-making in multiple technical sectors Work Experience
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including logical models, conceptual frameworks, and assessment/evaluation.
• Demonstrated experience of implementing beneficiary complaint and feedback mechanisms.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
• Preferred knowledge of mobile data collection tools.
• Familiarity with information management systems and analysis software is a plus.
• Effective, high-quality communication, writing, and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Experience training and mentoring staff and local partners.
• Excellent teamwork including abilities to coordinate well with diverse individuals and teams and to negotiate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders to achieve results.
• Knowledge of the trends and issues in international aid monitoring, knowledge management and measurement.
• Fluency in English is required.
• Able to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment and diplomatically manage collegial relationships
• Able to support and respond to the program’s data needs as quickly as possible to support evidence-based decision making
Working Environment: The position will be based in the IRC office in Mae Sot, with extensive travel to the field sites.
All applications will be treated confidentially and not returned. The IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or physical or mental disability. The IRC is an equal opportunity employer.
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please visit the below link:
Contact : HR Department