Job Title: Budget Officer
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Application Dealine: 25 January 2022
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
Primarily based in Bangkok, Budget Officer will work under the direct supervision of Senior Finance Coordinator and will provide support to finance and program teams on budget preparation, financial reporting, and training of staff.
The position is responsible for preparation of budgets, spending plan/forecast, project financial transactions, financial reporting and ensuring project budget and financial management is in compliance with donors’ rules and regulations, IRC policies and procedures and Thai laws and regulations.
• Assist in preparation, revision and maintenance of all country office grant budgets and operating budget of RAI and CRRD.
• Assist in the preparation and revision of ALL grant budget proposals.
• Work with program staff in preparing and/or revising grant budgets to support new proposals or realignments to ensure adequate coverage of country operating costs and NY headquarters costs.
• Assist in the consolidation and update of all grants pipeline information from Program and Finance departments on a monthly basis and to propose and prepare budget revisions as necessary.
• Prepare all Budget versus Actual reports on a monthly basis in donor currency and to provide recommendations for realignments as required.
• Maintain and complete the financial documentation of the centralized grant filing system per the instructions.
• Perform other duties, as appropriate or requested
Key Working Relationships:
Reports to: Senior Finance Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts
Internal: Operations Staff and Program Coordinators and Other Program Staff
External to IRC: Banking Managers, Donors, and local government staff (taxation and regulation related), External Auditors
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance with a recognized professional certificate in accounting (CPA or equivalent certification would be preferred).
• Minimum of one (1) year of finance and accounting experience.
• Experienced in budgeting and with various PC and financial related software (spreadsheets, accounting packages).
Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
• Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with program staff, management and employees
• Comfortable making decisions.
• Good organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
• Advanced in MS Excel/ Power BI and Query is preferable
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, cross group collaboration compliance, proactive and innovative approach
• Strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal, leadership, problem solving, decision making and follow-up skills
• Excellent multi-tasking, organized, and hands on experience with high achievement
• Being a self-starter with drive and initiative and able to work as a team with a positive attitude and open minded
• Considerate and deliberate in dealing with people with good negotiation skills
• Deadline oriented
• Positive attitude and excellent service mind
• Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
• Some experiences in Enterprise Resources Planning System
Language Skills: Excellent in English communication of speaking, listening and writing
Certificates or Licenses: an asset
Working Environment: Based in Bangkok office, occasionally required to travel to field offices and joined with regional conference and workshop, if required.
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please apply via the below link
Contact : HR Department