Job Title: IT Officer
Location: Mae Sot, Tak, Thailand
Application Deadline: 25 January 2022
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The IT Officer assisting IT Manager to ensures the operations of efficient and effective communication and IT systems and services for Tak Field Office. Particular emphasis is placed on communication (MS Teams, Email, telephone, and radio systems), computer networks (IT Account, internet, email, server, BOX and office LANs) and maintenance of all computers and office equipment (Tablets, CCTV, faxes, photocopiers, cameras, television, LCD etc).
• Provide computer hardware and software support including troubleshooting, system monitoring, and maintenance for Tak Field office within, and ensure all incidents have been recorded in the Service Now IT ticket system in a timely manner.
• Assist IT Manager in development and installation of information systems in collaboration with the IT department to ensure compatibility with existing systems.
• Deploy and maintain new intra-office applications and groupware suites for office connectivity and productivity.
• Work in conjunction with the IT Manager in the testing of new software or systems schema prior to deployment.
• Maintain internet connectivity and computer hardware to be compliant with IRC minimum standards
• Monitoring computer and virus alerts and quickly notify all staff of any viruses that may cause potential damage to computer hardware/ software or stored files
• Support the operations and maintenance of the E-Health Database under the guidance of the external DB consultant.
• Support the USCIS and Prescreening interviews in terms of IT and network setup on site.
• Maintain the proper storage of IT assets (computers, tablets, printers, UPS, etc.).
• Develop IT documentations such as technical and/or user manuals as required.
• Other duties and delegation by IT Department and Supervisor.
• Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized IT Department
• Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from IT Department
• Keep abreast of communication, technology and network developments and apply this knowledge to improve systems within the MS office
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: IT Manager, Mae Sot
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Operations and Program staff
External: Supplier, Vendor, and Agency
Education: At least a bachelor's degree in computers and/ or electronics is advantage.
Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in IT (Preferably with NGO or private company)
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure/respond to urgent request
• Fast learner and able to work independently
• Good time management skills
• Good teamwork skills
• Strong troubleshooting abilities, especially in networking
• MS 365 Platform & Applications and MS Operating Systems
• Strong hardware deployment/repair skills
• Communication skills and service mind
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
• Adaptability for working in a multi-cultural environment
Language Skills: Good command of spoken and written English and Thai
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
The position will be based in the IRC office in Mae Sot, with extensive travel to Umphang field site. As an equal opportunity employer, IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please apply via the below link:
Contact : HR Department