Job Title: Human Resources and Administration Manager
Location: Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Application Deadline: 3 November 2021
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently assists displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
Job Overview/Summary: Supervise and maintain Mae Hong Son Human Resources and Administrative functions by planning, executing, evaluating and managing for employee relationships, program supporting, Human Resource policies for overall human resource duties and oversight day-to-day office and administration requirements including communication of travelling booking, accommodation, and mailing. The Human Resources/Administration Manager also works to increase the human resource and administration skills and capacities of IRC program staffs through orientation sessions, training and development.
Human resource/ Staff benefits
• Work closely with Field Coordinator to assure and be aware of both National policies and insurance for Mae Hong Son staff.
• Provide support and guidance to staff on IRC National Staff HR Policies, administrative procedures and HR/Admin issues.
• Manage leave request and timesheet by collecting and reviewing all complete leave request and timesheets on monthly basis and submit to BKK HR department by 10th of each month.
• Update leave records of all staff monthly
• Manage The Performance Management System process for field staff twice yearly, following-up with supervisors for employee performance evaluations and providing copies of results to HR/BKK.
• Be the focal point in the timely and effective recruitment of national staff, including screening candidates, scheduling interviews, checking references, paperwork preparation and registration with national and local authorities if needed.
• Maintain and update job requirements, type of engagements, temporary staff, TOR, and Job Description in Mae Hong Son.
• Support program to review and correct National Staff Recruitment documents before submit to BKK HR.
• Manage new hiring packed document by coordinating with BKK HR.
• Organize and schedule field site staff orientations for all new staff.
• Follow up probation period and notify deadline and confirm to supervisor in advance.
• Work closely and update with BKK HR to provide renewal contract for staff in the field.
• Update staff movement and information to Field Coordinator on monthly basis.
• Maintain and update staff personal file.
• Manage employee exit processes; ensure receiving of all documents, IRC assets, handover notes, ensure that relevant parties and BKK HR are informed.
• Work closely with BKK and other field offices to ensure smooth transition of new employees and transferring staff.
• Keep records for in-house training conducted in Mae Hong Son field and update with BKK HR
• Coordinate with programs staff in preparation of the Letter of Understanding (LOU) for Camp Based Assistants (CBAs) prior to hiring.
• Update CBAs number and submit to BKK HR on monthly basis.
Workday system and information
• Establish workday information system in Mae Hong Son site by coordinate with HR Thailand team.
• Update and maintain HR information in workday system.
• Be the focal point for workday issue in Mae Hong Son site.
• Manage workday module in Mae Hong Son site included Create Position, Hire, Change Job, Termination, record time off and Staff Personnel data change.
Visa, Work permit
• Prepare timely Letters of Application for staff visa and work permit requests to Ministry of Interior (MOI) for non-Thailand passport holders and their eligible dependents
• Prepare work permit documents for new applications and annual renewals
• Prepare and manage government-required 90-day notice and Re-Entry Applications for eligible passport holders
• Plan and conduct training on visa & work permit session for staff in field offices
• Effectively liaise and coordinate with BKK HR Officer to ensure all paperwork is timely, complete, and accurate
• Track and manage all visa and work permit information and expiry dates
• Plan well in advance with staff members concerned, required Immigration and Ministry of Labour visits
• Update any changes regarding visa and work permit applications processes.
• Coordinate and facilitate interview sessions for passport holders and concerned local authorities.
Facilitate Camp Passes for Staff, Visitors and Referral Patients
• Coordinate with HR BKK to complete government-required camp pass applications for IRC staff, visitors, donors and other individuals who plan to visit Mae Hong Son refugee camps
• Coordinate with IRC field offices to obtain Local Camp Pass Applications for IRC Mae Hong Son staff
• Prepare permanent camp pass applications for Mae Hong Son staff and submit to HR BKK
• Distribute permanent camp pass to staff and retrieve from staff at end of each year
• Distribute and account for radio camp passes to IRC staff, visitors and donors.
• Coordinate with health staff to obtain camp pass for referral patients to Chiang Mai Province.
• Proactively monitor and assess administration achievements on a regular (quarterly) basis, ensuring tracking systems and reports are in place to support administrative and management processes
• Responsible for all Visitor Itineraries – travelling, accommodation etc.
• Deal with all offices rental, and lease agreements by negotiating all lease agreements with Landlords.
• Review Staff List/Organization Chart/Calling Trees and send to BKK Team and FC each month.
• Perform other HR duties as assigned by Supervisor - Filed Coordinator.
• Coordinate with vendors (Local Hospital) to obtain the quotations for Annual physical check-up and runs the process until completion.
• Create, Update and Terminate email account for staff.
• Monitor cleaners and guards to assure good housekeeping and office security for all offices once a week.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Field Coordinator
Indirect Reporting: HR Coordinator/ Lead - Bangkok
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC Staff
External: Governmental Authorities, Vendor-Supplier, Agent, Landlord
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or Business Administrative or related field.
• Minimum 4-5 years relevant experience working in HR and Administration field
• Good knowledge in Thai labor law and legal concern
• Experience in a non-profit organization and international environment is preferable.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
• Ability to priorities tasks, work under pressure and respond to urgent requests
• Excellent multi-tasking, organized and follow-up skills, deadline oriented
• Good team player and can work well under pressure
• Positive attitude and excellent service mind.
• Time management and Prioritization skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Computer proficient and demonstrate skills in database management and record keeping.
• Excellent in English and Thai communication both written and spoken
• The position will be based in Mae Hong Son Province, with sometime travel to Ban Mai Nai Soi and Ban Mae Surin Temporary Shelters.
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please apply via the below link:
Contact : HR Department