Job Title: SENIOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER
Location: Bangkok Office, Thailand
Application Deadline: 28 October 2021
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today work in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The primary objective of the position is to support the Supply Chain function in developing world-class procurement practices to improve program support.
It requires the occupant to have a deep understanding of humanitarian supply chains including but not limited to need assessment, sourcing, buying and expediting procurements
The success of this role requires close collaboration with field staff, country leadership, program teams, and GSC Quality Assurance.
A. Procurement Planning (20%)
- Perform Market Analyses by collecting, organizing and analyzing market data and financial reports and monitoring Supply Market to ensuring price quotations and Supplier offers are authentic and reasonable
- Support with concerned program staffs, focusing on Bangkok Office to ensure Procurement Plans are updated and uploaded in Supply Chain Box regularly.
- Support field staff to prepare for reception before sending program supplies to the field sites when necessary
B. Procurement (40%)
- Work with requesters to develop comprehensive purchase specification
- Maintain accurate procurement data and records and ensuring on time delivery and procurement reporting
- Review and process approved Purchase Request in accordance with the IRC and the donors’ guidelines
- Ensure the completion of delivery and all the required documents for payment including accruals
- Lead the bidding process, including Request for quotation process, Request for proposal process, Tender evaluation and facilitating procurement committee functioning
- Conduct national tender process to support the strategic procurement
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers that is transparent and documented
- Ensure all IRC procurement Standard Operating Procedures comply to IRC and donors procurement policies
C. Supplier & Contract Management (20%)
- Prepare, review and utilize Procurement contracts, including Master Agreements (MPA, MSA) to ensure appropriate Procurement Terms and Conditions are met.
- Monitor contract implementation to ensure suppliers adherence to contract terms and conditions
- Conduct Supplier performance reviews and feedback process and maintain up to date and accurate supplier performance scorecards
- Ensure the agreement renewal timely
- Maintain suppliers file and documentation
- Conduct procurement due diligence, including ATC check, supplier site visits, supplier background checks and implement any other fraud prevention methods
- Provide complete documents and ensure the QA and Legal Reviewing process in accordance with the Procurement Threshold
- Provide constructive support to other functions to ensure effective, compliance with policies & procedures.
- Identifying and reporting procurement red flags
- Support the arrangement of RFP Training to ensure the certified procurement committee and maintain training record
- Submit monthly list of commitments to Procurement Manager/Supply Chain Coordinator and Finance
- Submit periodic BVA procurement tracking report for specific Grants you’re assigned to.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree required; professional certification in supply chain management and/or humanitarian logistics strongly preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and direct experience will be considered.
- 4 years of experience in supply chain and/or logistics operations (procurement)
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Have a high degree of flexibility and ability to work under sometimes acute hardship conditions against tight deadlines.
- Strong computer and communication equipment skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Good collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across cultures, organizational units and suppliers.
- Effective Communication
- Problem-Solving ability, with strong task prioritization skills
- Proficiency in English and Thai
The position will be based in the IRC office, occasionally travel to field sites
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
If you are interested, please apply via the below link:
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer