Job Opportunity: Project Manager
Deadline: 31 October 2021
The Peace Resource Collaborative was established in 2014 as a joint initiative of eight academic institutions to provide knowledge, expertise and skills to help transform the conflict in the Deep South of Thailand / Patani. The collaboration of the eight institutions started in 2011 with the creation of the “Insider Peacebuilder´s Platform” (IPP), a diverse network of individuals from within the region as well as other parts of Thailand who were keen to explore and share ideas for a peaceful settlement of the conflict. In 2020 PRC was acknowledged as a Foundation according to Thai law.
The work of the Peace Resource Collaborative is guided by an Advisory Board comprising representative of the eight founding institutions and the members of the PRC Foundation.
The PRC has two offices, one based in Bangkok in the Building of the Faculty of Political Science, Chulalongkorn University, and one in the Building of the Faculty of Communication Science in the Prince of Songkla University, Pattani campus. Currently, six staff-members work in Bangkok and two in Pattani. When the corona virus restrictions for mobility in Thailand are lifted we expect that all staff members are in principle prepared to travel within the country.
The funding for PRC has been provided primarily by individual external countries, unions like in the case of the European Union and external private foundations.
General Qualifications needed
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant area, i.e. Political Science, Public Policy, Asian Studies, Social Science, International Relations, Sociology or equivalents. A Master degree would be a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in similar environments.
- Advanced knowledge about Asian politics, particularly Thailand and Malaysia. Knowledge about the conflict in the Deep South / Patani would be a plus.
- Thai citizenship.
- Excellent language skills in Thai and English. Malaysian language skills would be a plus.
- Advanced written, oral and interpersonal communication skills in Thai and English. Malasia would be a plus.
Qualifications with respect to the PRC needed
- The Project Manager plays a vital role within the organization. (S)he works closely with the director and all other staff members of the PRC. Together with the director (s)he will be responsible to implement the project funding according to the proposals that have been agreed upon between the donor(s) respectively the intermediate agency and the PRC´s part
- Capacities to organize PRC´s events including concept notes, preparing and organizing workshops, trainings and conferences.
- Capabilities to collaborate with key PRC´s partners to organize meetings and to cooperate with its Advisory Board and its Foundation Board.
- Ability to keep the overview of the ongoing projects and their management including the timely narrative reporting to the donors.
- Working closely with the director concerning the drafting of project proposals and other essential issues for the progress of the overall peace efforts.
- Working effectively with the colleagues in charge of finances and management issues.
- Translation and interpretation support on important issues for the director.
- Willing to travel to the three southernmost border provinces.
How to apply
- Interested persons should submit a cover letter explaining their qualification and interest for the position as outlined above and add CV by latest 31 October 2021.
- Please send both documents to Dr. Norbert Ropers, Director of the Peace Resource Collaborative: email@example.com and to Ms. Jularat Damrongviteetham: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager