Job Title: Senior Emergency Women’s Protection and Empowerment Officer
Location: Mae Sot, Thailand
Application Deadline: 22 October 2021
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
Following the coup in Myanmar in February 2021, fighting between the military and insurgents along the border with Thailand has led to a large-scale internal displacement and smaller but growing number of refugees seeking protection in Thailand. Anticipating a potential large-scale influx of affected into Thailand this year, the IRC Thailand is preparing to expand and enhance its emergency protection services to put in place necessary internal mechanism and coordination at provincial and national level to address emerging need of affected people. In July 2021, IRC Thailand is launching Protection Emergency Response, this response, funded by the DG ECHO for 12 months and implement in partnership with front line community-based organizations and coordination with National Protection Sector and Provincial Protection Sector Working group in Tak, Mae Hong Sorn and Kanchanaburi Province.
The IRC Thailand Emergency Protection Response design to be adapted to context and change of need of affected population, one of key result of the response is that affected population receive safe case management. The IRC in partnership with local organization in Tak and, MHS Province to contextualizes case management tool and referral mechanism to ensure affected population receive safe and timely case management support. Senior Emergency WPE Officer will be based in IRC’s office Mae Sot, under supervision of the Senior Emergency Protection Manager and technical supervision from WPE Senior Manager. The Senior WPE Emergency Officer will serve as key person to implement activities related to emergency case management including provide support to partners to implement program along Thailand-Myanmar border.
Major Responsibilities: Emergency Case Management
1. Serve as leading in developing tool related to emergency case management.
2. Taking lead in facilitating training related to emergency case management for IRC’s staff, partner organizations and member of coordination working group related to emergency case management.
3. Design training process and develop training material on MHPSS activities.
4. Taking lead in IRC direct implementation and technical support to partner in provide age-appropriate quality psychosocial support in mobile and static safe spaces including emotional support group sessions and awareness/information sessions.
5. Server as key person of program in collecting and recording case management data into GBVIMS and other future case manager data platform. Support the Senior WPE Program Manager and WPE case management manager in analyzing cases and develop case report.
6. Serve as IRC’s focal person in receiving referrals from different agencies, develop action plan and appropriate response to each case; and send referrals to different agencies according to the action plan developed with the client based on the needs of the client
7. Liaise with relevant stakeholders to address gaps in GBV response services and referral protocols and work closely with Health and protection sector when GBV cases involve child survivors and access to justice
8. Assess gaps on how the referral pathway is functioning through direct follow ups with service providers
9. Contribute to the maintenance of an up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area
10.Develop and adjust materials, awareness-raising materials, and other educational materials as necessary based on the project design and objectives as appropriately
1. Support partner to handle case assignments, draft service plans, review case progress and determine case closure; provide accompaniment and psychosocial support to GBV survivors accessing services as necessary.
1. To Support Senior Emergency Protection Manager to develop program report related to donor requirement and program requirement.
2. Responsible to monitor spending related to responsive information services activities are on track and timely inform Senior Emergency Protection Management for budget adjustment need
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Emergency Protection Manager
Position directly supervises: NA
Indirect Reporting: Senior WPE Manager for Tak Province
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Legal Assistance Coordinator, Emergency Protection team, WPE Team, Protection sector, Health sector, livelihood sector, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, and Operation Team.
External:Provincial Protection Sector Working Group Focal Point, sub-grant partner and local stakeholders CBOs and community leaders (if necessary)
1. A University degree in a relevant or high school diploma or Post-10 Certificate required, with a strong interest in refugee or Internally Displace Person (IDP) related issue.
2. Proven experience in working in Women Program or refugee issue, WPE in emergency is preferable.
3. Proven experience related in GBV work, including GBV case management and Psychosocial supports.
4. Demonstrated analytical, systematic-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
5. Solution oriented, committed and good communication skill to work smoothly with colleagues from various culture and backgrounds.
6. Strong understanding of accountability and proven ability to build Client Feedback Systems.
7. Willingness to travel to field areas.
8. Highly organized, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities and able to work well under deadlines with minimum supervision.
9. Able to communicate effectively in spoken and written English skills, Karen, Burmese and Thai is a plus.
10. Computer proficient, with experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point including online communication platform such as Zoom or Microsoft team.
This position is based in the IRC office in Mae Sot with extensive travel to other field sites.
Standards of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please apply via the below link:
Contact : HR Department