Project Officer - Respect Ourselves, Accentuate Resilience (ROAR)
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Implementation
LOCATION: Mae Sot Field Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1-year contract
Save the Children Thailand believes that migrant and refugee children and youths aged 12 to 17 from Myanmar living in Thailand are the key to assessing vulnerabilities they face offline and online and should receive financial and technical support they need to design, pilot, test, finalize and promote their own solutions to prevent abuse and other forms of violence against children.
With ROAR project, SC and partners will support youth-driven design thinking and youth-led campaign to 40 youth leaders to develop Youth Online Safety and Resilience solutions as well as offline peer to peer mobilization initiatives.
The role is to support the Project Coordinator for the implementation, coordination and management of Respect Ourselves, Accentuate Resilience (ROAR) Project, ensuring program implementation with quality and cost effectiveness. This role will be working closely with youth group in migrant and refugee communities by coordinating with partners; Karen Student Network Group (KSNG) and Ray of Youth (ROY) under the mother organization; Help without Frontiers (HWF).
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Coordinator - ROAR
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
Role Dimensions: The Officer works with Karen Student Network Group (KSNG) and Ray of Youth (ROY) under the mother organization; Help without Frontiers (HWF), project steering committee, and migrants and refugee communities.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Program Coordination and Support
- Support the Project Coordinator in planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project in accordance with project design and plans
- Support the Project Coordinator to organize the event, workshop, training, meeting with the researcher, youth mentor, youth leader, project steering committee and relevant stakeholders
- Provide technical support to partners for the effective of the youth-initiative project
- Ensure the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation. Follow up on
- queries, including with and by partners, or initiate corrective action on discrepancies
- Work with other relevant staffs, analyse collected data and information and prepare progress reports and assist in identification of required supplies and equipment
- Ensure data collection, data management, and data analysis are in accordance to data protection guidance
- Representation and coordination (internal and external)
- Ensure effective coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders and partners, INGOs, civil society organizations, community groups, UN agencies and government counterparts;
- Participate in coordination and technical meetings at provincial and national level;
- Other duties as directed, including support to management in the absence of Senior Field Coordinator/ Child Safeguarding Coordinator
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s degree on social science or relevant area
- Good understanding on child protection issues in Thailand, migrant community and refugee community with sound knowledge of international standard of child rights and child protection
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3-year experience in working in youth-initiative project
- Work experience in one or more of the following issues would be an asset: child abuse, online safety, child protection system.
- Experience in a similar role, preferably within the NGO sector and/ or in an international environment
- Experience in project design, plan and activities monitoring and timely delivery of project implementation
- Ability to make sound judgement and prioritize multiple tasks in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to adopt a pro-active approach and offer solutions as appropriate.
- Sound knowledge of office practices, procedures and administrative systems including filing systems. Competent in use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience of planning and organizing meetings and events, with a strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work effectively at country and regional level gaining trust and confidence with both internal and external stakeholders, and in particular senior stakeholder management in a highly political environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an eye for detail and fluent in English
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy both within and without the organization.
- Maintain a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure.
- Strong team player.
- Self- motivated with ability to work autonomously.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children.
- Ability to travel extensively
Additional Job Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding Our Staff
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Anti-Harassment Policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
02 684 1286 - 8 ext: 608
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officer