The Shoklo Malaria Research Unit (SMRU) is a field station of the Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand, and is part of the Mahidol-Oxford Research Unit (MORU) supported by the Wellcome Trust, UK. The main objective of SMRU is to provide quality health care to the marginalised populations living on both sides of the Thai-Myanmar border in the Mae Sot area, Tak province. This is achieved by the dual activities of research and humanitarian services, with an emphasis on maternal-child health and infectious diseases.
SMRU is based in Mae Sot where the main laboratories are based and received samples from sites along the Thai-Myanmar border.
Job title: Clinical Research Officer
Location: Mae Sot
Probation: SMRU can terminate employment at 3 months if performance inadequate
Report to: Research Clinician
Staff under supervision: Research staff/medics/nurses
Tasks and responsibilities
- Liaising with the Mahidol-Oxford Tropical Medicine Research Unit Clinical Trial Support Group in study document preparation, submission, site initiation, site monitoring and other necessary process.
- Overseeing the smooth running of clinical trials. Participating in research recruitment efforts. Monitoring research team to ensure adherence to study protocols.
- Collecting, entry, cleaning and quality assurance of data obtained from research. Informing participants about study objectives.
- Communication regarding patient care and status as well as protocol requirements with collaborating department, hospital, and data team.
- Adhering to research regulatory standards as well as to ethical standards. Maintaining detailed records of studies as per FDA guidelines, including things such as drug dispensation.
- Liaising with laboratories regarding sample inventory, supply as well as lab findings.
- Ensuring that the necessary supplies and equipment for a study are in stock and in working order.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a team.
- Relevant Bachelor degree (Master degree will be an advantage)
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and through writing in English is essential
- Thai or Karen language communication skill will be beneficial.
- Prior experience in research coordination, data collection, CRF completion and data cleaning.
How to apply:
Applications must be sent to SMRU/HR Department 68/30 Bantung Road, Mae Sot, Tak 63110 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dead line for application: 20th October 2021
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview process.
ผู้ช่วย / Assistant