The ICRC Regional Delegation seeks to fill the following position:
Field Officer (Karen Speaking - พูดภาษากะเหรี่ยงได้)
Based in Chiang Mai (Mueang District)
In this position, you will be expected to call upon your skills and your talent to foster and maintain relationships with a wide array of external contacts, local communities, Myanmar ethnic groups and NGOs in view of strengthening the ICRC’s position in the northern border provinces and assist the organisation fulfil its mandate. Within this dynamic and international context, we are looking for a Field Officer to join our Chiang Mai team.
Your main responsibilities:
- Monitors humanitarian situation of Karen, Karenni and Mon States.
- Maintain networking with Karen, Karenni, Mon, CBO and NGO interlocutors along the Thai-Myanmar border.
- Carries out standard verbal and written translations.
- Prepare situation analysis and submit report of meetings.
- Visit and interview weapon-wounded patients when needed.
Your education and experience:
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- University degree or at least High school or vocational backgrounds in relevant field.
- Good computer skill.
- Good negotiation and communication skills.
- Capacity to propose pragmatic solutions.
- Able to drive in the field.
- Must be able to speak Karen, English and Thai. Proficiency in Burmese language is an added advantage.
- Good understanding of the political, geographical, social and cultural environment of Myanmar.
- Good knowledge and/or interest of state actors in Myanmar and the Northern Thailand.
- Flexible and willing to travel upcountry.
- A unique opportunity to help the victims of violence and rewarding work in unusual situations.
- Initial 1-year contract with possibility of renewing to open-opened contract.
- Initial training and on-boarding organized.
- Possibilities of working in a fast-paced environment and to help victims.
- A competitive salary with benefits.
- This position will be based at ICRC’s office in Mueang District, Chiang Mai.
Deadline for applications: By 25 September 2021
Starting date: As soon as possible
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as
salary expectations, by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officerล่าม , นักแปรภาษา / Translatorนักวิจัย / Researcher