Are you ready for SAVING LIVES CHANGING LIVES of the world's most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Job Title: IT Solutions Associate (Digital)
Contract type: Fixed-Term
Vacancy Number: 145683
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Terms and Conditions: WFP competitive benefits package including tax-free salary plus excellent medical insurance and pension scheme
Vacancy Criteria: Reopened position for new candidates. Candidates who have previously applied, need not re-apply.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. It gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
WFP’s Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific in Bangkok, Thailand oversees operations in 1517 countries plus the Pacific, reaching 30 million people with assistance valued at US $3 billion. The portfolio ranges from humanitarian aid in Tajikistan, to school meals in Cambodia and Laos, supporting government social protection schemes in India and Pakistan, climate change adaptation in Nepal and Sri Lanka, nutrition for mothers and children in Bangladesh and Timor Leste, to emergency preparedness in Indonesia and the Pacific.
1. Support the Field Business Engagement Manager /Reg. IT Officer to ensure the Digital Solution needs of Country Offices are addressed in compliance with the Field Software Development Network (FSDN).
2. Monitor and guide Country Offices to maintain the digital solutions registry (GLASS) to ensure information and documentation is available and updated to support the FSDN process and decision-making.
3. Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered, information sources are shared, and accurate information and process guidance is provided to staff.
4. Assist IT team to provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems, to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
5. Assist in the preparation of materials and the delivery of trainings on automated business processes to ensure efficient and effective use of IT systems.
6. Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staffs have access to required information about IT services and products.
7. Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT unit to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
8. Assist in the installation, configuration and customization of IT systems ensuring compliance with WFP’s IT standards, guidelines, and procedures.
9. Assist in the release of IT systems and provide early life support to prepare for and enable proper use of the IT solution.
10. Support the collection, collate of various data, compile, and prepare reports to provide accurate information for informative decision-making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP IT resources.
11. Contribute to planning, monitoring, and processing IT administrative and logistics actions, including contracts with external entities and/or vendors to ensure all data is accurately and timely recorded, processed in WFP corporate systems and any operational issues addressed
12. Supporting the implementation of operating procedures, to contribute to the continuous improvement of IT administration services in the area of responsibility.
13. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
14. Perform other related duties as required
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related fields is an advantage.
Work Experience: Minimum six years of responsible work experience in IT Service Support, IT Systems Support, Software Development, Network management, Telecommunications Services and Provision or related areas of IT support and development.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
• Possess good stakeholder management skills with experience of engaging and supporting both technical and no-technical colleagues.
• Computer systems, Networks, Software development, Databases and Data Analysis, Internet technologies, Software requirements definition, Agile, Human Centered Design, Customer Service Orientation, Problem solving, social media tools, Digital Transformation.
• Very strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office365 Suite of tools and services.
• ITIL, Project Management, Application Lifecycle management.
• Familiarity with IT related administration tasks dealing with budget and finance, vendors, and contracts.
• Excellent writing/editing skills for a variety technical grade documentation.
• Operate effectively under pressure and changing priorities and to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team as required.
Language: Proficiency in both oral and written communication skills in English and Thai
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Thursday 19 August 2021, 23:59 hrs Bangkok time
This vacancy announcement is limited to nationals of Thailand. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings ).
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.