At RECOFTC, we believe in a future where people live equitably and sustainably in and beside healthy, resilient forests. We take a long-term, landscape-based and inclusive approach to supporting local communities to secure their land and resource rights, stop deforestation, find alternative livelihoods and foster gender equity. We are the only non-profit organization of our kind in Asia and the Pacific. We have more than 30 years of experience working with people and forests, and have built trusting relationships with partners at all levels. Our influence and partnerships extend from multilateral institutions to governments, private sector and local communities. Our innovations, knowledge and initiatives enable countries to foster good forest governance, mitigate and adapt to climate change, and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations 2030 Agenda.
RECOFTC is strengthening its ability to serve as a convener of dialogues, knowledge hub and think-tank for community forestry and participatory approaches to natural resource management. We seek a dynamic communication manager to lead the development and implementation of communication and engagement strategies, with an emphasis on: events, in person, virtual, and blended; mobilizing networks and partnerships; and media relations. RECOFTC invites candidates to apply for the position of Communication and Engagement Manager. The contract is for 24 months subject to funding availability and satisfactory performance.
Specific tasks and duties
Reporting to the Director of Knowledge Management and Strategic Communication, the Communication and Engagement Manager will design, implement and evaluate external and internal communication and engagement strategies.
Specific tasks and duties include:
- Serving as Deputy Director of the Knowledge Management and Strategic Communication Unit
- Supporting the Director, as needed, in the management of Unit staff members and national communication officers, annual work planning, budgeting, and Unit administration
- Leading the development, implementation and evaluation of communication and engagement strategies for external and internal initiatives, projects, and national, regional and global events
- Working with project and program teams to plan and execute in-person, virtual and hybrid events that position RECOFTC as the best conveyor of inclusive conversations on the thematic areas identified in RECOFTC’s strategic plan
- Systematizing RECOFTC’s event strategies and planning processes to ensure effective and efficient use of human and financial resources
- Developing key performance indicators and metrics to support analysis and continuous improvement of RECOFTC’s performance in relation to communication and engagement
- Leading engagement with the Asia-Pacific Forest Communication Network and other communication networks
- Cultivating traditional and new media, including pitching, research, handling incoming requests, and media monitoring
- Contributing to the development of compelling narratives for RECOFTC initiatives and tailoring messages for key audiences such as developing country governments, partners and donors
- Conceptualizing and supporting the development and implementation of systems, tools and initiatives for internal communication
- Working closely with the Director, identify and respond to contentious issues, risks and emergencies
- Supervising and mentoring staff members, consultants and interns working on marketing, communication and engagement
- Ensuring social inclusion and gender equity are integrated communication and engagement activities
- Maintaining and tracking staff performance and contracts as well as all collaborative agreements with partners and contractors
- Ensuring RECOFTC’s Policies and Procedures, Code of Conduct, and Gender Policy are followed
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director of the Knowledge Management and Strategic Communication Unit
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in marketing, communication, journalism or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ progressively senior experience in marketing-communication
- Minimum of two years’ experience planning and implementing high profile in-person and virtual events
- Experience working in development sectors and engaging with multi-stakeholders from government, non-government and civil society organizations, local community and learning institutions in the Asia-Pacific region
- Ability to identify, assess, advise on and manage reputational risks, contentious external and internal issues, and emergencies
- Experience in media relations and strong established media relationships
- Experience supervising and managing staff members, interns and consultants
- Experience coordinating multi-team projects and external contractors across multiple geographic locations and involving diverse cultures and languages
- Experience in budgeting, work planning, performance management and reporting
- Strong client orientation and ability to engage clients in designing solutions
- Ability to nurture and maintain trusting respectful relationships
- Outstanding English language writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of digital connectivity and interdependency with platforms and digital applications and services
- Understanding of and experience with design thinking
- Ability to use leading-edge solutions for planning and executing events and engagement activities
- Experience working in the Asia Pacific region
RECOFTC’s core values
At RECOFTC, our core values are the foundation of our culture and guide all our work. In addition to job specific skills and experience, the applicant should possess the following characteristics, attitudes and skills:
- Embrace innovation
- Adapt to, and learn from, challenges
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders
- Nurture commitment, responsibility and ownership
- Prioritize sustainability
- Cultivate participation, social inclusion and gender equity
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and a cover letter indicating why they are suitable for this position along with salary requirements and current contact details of three referees, including recent supervisors to email@example.com. Please quote the position title, followed with the interested province in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. RECOFTC has a competitive compensation package. Offers are based on salary history, relevant experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
To learn more about RECOFTC, please visit our website www.recoftc.org
Applicants shall not be discriminated against based on ethnicity, religion, age, nationality, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by RECOFTC’s values and code of conduct. Reasonable accommodation may be made so that qualified disabled applicants can partake in the application process. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Please inform RECOFTC’s Human Resources in writing of any special needs at the time of application.
RECOFTC is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit.
RECOFTC retains the right to offer this position at a job grade relevant to the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
นักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developerกราฟิก / Computer Graphicล่าม , นักแปรภาษา / Translator