TITLE: Administrative Officer (Temporary)
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support Services
CONTRACT: 3 months with possibility for extension up to 6 months
Being a focal point to provide support and manage administrative processes for International staff from Myanmar Country Office temporary based in Thailand under the overall guidance of Senior HR & Admin Manager. The post holder will responsible for efficient administrative, visa and work permit (if any), procurement, logistical management and facilitate the smooth operations between MMR staff and country office. In addition, he/she will work closely with support from Supply Chain Coordinator and Senior Finance & IT Manager.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senior HR & Admin Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
Role Dimensions: Administrative and Procurement related works, communications with internal and external stakeholders
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Being a focal point for Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ), Accommodation, Travel insurance, Visa and work permit (if any) and other staff benefits
- Assisting international staff post-arrival, repatriation and related government departments
- Responsible for procurement of services (Buying & Sourcing Level) in relations to country office procurement policy under Standard Operation Procedures for MST cluster/Myanmar International staffs; dealing with suppliers and services with technical support/guidance from Supply Chain team
- Making sure of compliance checking through Save the Children’s policies and protocol, and ensure “Value for Money (VfM)” in every aspect of using external service providers
- Ensure the smooth daily operations and effective communications between MMR staff and the Thailand team
- Handle the services agreement such as accommodation, visa arrangement, and other related tasks.
- Manage cash advance and expense claim for the payments related to visa, serviced apartment and
- Provide support in updating the supplier list used by International/MMR staffs
- Working in collaboration with Admin Coordinator related to office documents, current governmental form used and related other tasks
- Update international staff information such as contact details, address and email group
- Ensures that safety and security is considered in all aspects
- Ensures legal compliance with Government of Thailand regulations and laws and SCI standards and policy
- Liaison with IT Outsource in consultation with Senior Finance & IT Manager
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (preferable in Logistic, Administration and Supply Chain)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous 3- 5 years experience in administration, procurement and logistics support role
- Excellent spoken and written in English
- Ability to manage multi tasks and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work as a team
- Experience with computer applications (Microsoft Office, internet) and ability to troubleshoot network, desktop/laptop and telecommunications issues
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding Our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees to: email@example.com
Please indicate in the subject as ‘Administrative Officer (Temporary)_(Name of candidate)’
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistant