The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok seeks to fill the following position:
GIS Data & Analytics Manager
The GIS Data & Analytics Manager is a member of the Regional Resource Network (RRN) based in Bangkok and Data Analyst Working Group and contributes to respond to internal and external data-related needs. He/she supports and monitors the data management processes by the departments, collects, analyses, stores, and displays all relevant geographic information available internally and externally.
- Provides technical support to GIS officers in the region and carry out regular support missions (to sub-delegations, offices, etc.) including provision of data to neighbouring countries and remote GIS support.
- Organizes and maintains the geo-database and maintains the delegation's Synergy Geographic Referential; files and stores geo-data and meta-data in observance of the ICRC's GIS guidelines.
- Keeps Data Management documentation updated.
- Produces maps to help meet the delegation's operational and reporting objectives in line with the ICRC's GIS guidelines.
- Coaches ICRC Staff and GIS focal point in delegation on how to manage and analyse their data and how to use google earth, google maps and other sources of data in their work and communicate with regional GIS.
- Promote and trains staff on how to use the Geo-Portal tool and Location Manager tool for the location services in their work and basic data analysis.
- Analyses Data Quality, checks trends and reports findings to the relevant stakeholders.
- Networks with external actors to improve the quality of geo-data and extend its coverage.
- Produces infographic and dynamic maps/web maps in support to internal and external working group.
- Applies best practices, standards, guidelines and templates for data management and analytics, and works on continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in a relevant discipline such as GIS or related field
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar field;
- Fluent spoken and written English and Thai
- Proven geo-data management and map-making skills with ESRI ArcGIS 10 software;
- Knowledge of ICRC working modality or other international NGOs an asset.
- A rewarding and enriching work in an international humanitarian environment
- Initial 1-year of employment contract with possibility of renewable
- Initial training and on-boarding organised
- Possibilities of working in a fast-paced environment and to help victims
- A competitive salary with benefits
The closing date for the post will be: 16 July 2021
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, following this format for the subject line: POSITION – First Name Surname by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting date: as soon as possible
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview
ผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager