The Institute for HIV Research and Innovation (IHRI) (Formerly PREVENTION, Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Centre) is a leader in research and innovation in the prevention of HIV and other health issues. We are a non-profit organization that is focused on organizational development through effective human resources management and capacity development processes to enable our personnel to work as efficiently as possible. Based on equality and community participation, which drives good public health policy. In addition, IHRI is a regional resource for research, education and training.
The Institute for HIV Research and Innovation (IHRI) stands for the elimination of stigma and discrimination and respect for diversity, to allow individuals to truly demonstrate their full potential, meet challenges, and have opportunities for career advancement and personal development to build a creative society together with us.
Role Overview: The Laboratory Officer implements the HIV, STI, and other routine laboratory testing, ensures the quality of the testing, and that the testing and related protocols are implemented according to local and international regulations. Furthermore, the Laboratory Officer ensures that documentations related to HIV, STI, and other routine laboratory testing are completed. The Laboratory Officer reports to the Laboratory Manager of IHRI. The Laboratory Officer is dedicated to providing high quality services and exhibits the highest professional standards and ethical principles and will be committed to IHRIs Mission and Vision.
Core Accountability & Responsibility:
1. Implement all of the HIV, STI, and other routine laboratory testing services provided by IHRI
2. Be responsible for the quality of the HIV, STI, and other routine laboratory testing
3. Provide advice and support for other staff and colleague
4. Assist with preparation and maintenance of a detailed inventory of laboratory chemicals, reagents and equipment
5. Monitor use of consumables and assist with ensuring adequate stocks are on hand
6. Ensure equipment is working correctly
7. Oversee laboratory use to reduce hazards and promote a safe work environment
8. Ensure all appropriate safety equipment is installed, available for use and working correctly
9. Ensure laboratory users undertake appropriate orientation and training in use of safety equipment as required
10. Ensure vital positions backfilled during periods of planned or unplanned leave
11. Ensure dangerous or hazardous substances correctly stored and handled
12. Ensure waste streams correctly separated and managed
13. Clean and tidy of laboratory spaces as required
14. Print and file SDS documents as required
15. Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the IHRI Plan/policy in quality assurance processes
16. Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of quality improvement as they apply at IHRI
17. Perform other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
1. Thai citizen only
2. Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Medical Technology (preferable), Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, or related subjects
3. Minimum of 1 year’ experience in medical technologist role, Have MT license.
4. Experience in operation of a scientific or medical laboratory, if in relevant HIV research project is advantage
5. Proven record in implementing the quality laboratory facilities
6. Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and other certificate and Clinical research knowledge is an advantage
7. Good English & Thai language communications, presentation, coaching, and training skills
8. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word
9. Strong focus on quality and timely delivery of work
Please send your cover letter, CV and expected salary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need any further information, please contact us via e-mail or phone: 02-160-5371 or visit our website at www.ihri.org Application Deadline: 31 July 2021 Only short-list candidates will be notified.
Contact : email@example.com / 02-1605371 / 061-8689651