Are you ready for SAVING LIVES CHANGING LIVES of the world's most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Human Resources Associate
Type of contract: Service Contract
Vacancy Number: 143121
Duration: 1 Year, renewable
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Supervisor: Human Resources Officer in the PASport Competence Centre in Bangkok
Salary: WFP offers competitive benefits package including excellent medical insurance scheme
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. It gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
We are seeking to fill the position of Human Resources Associate, supporting PASport, a payroll calculation tool that facilitates payment of over 8000 of our colleagues. This position is based in the PASport Competence Centre in Bangkok, which is part of WFP’s HR Technology and Analytics branch.
The HR Technology and Analytics Branch reports to the Deputy HR Division Director and is responsible for on-going support to critical HR operational processes through the appropriate provision and application of information, processes and enabling technologies. The Branch consists of three teams:
(1) HR Technology
(2) HR Systems Administration & Support
(3) HR Reporting & Analytics
This position is under the overall supervision of the Head of HR Systems Administration & Support, and the direct supervision of the Professional HR Officer in the PASport Competence Centre in Bangkok. Under guidance of Professional HR Officer in PASport Competence Centre, this position takes part in the business support of the PASport system.
Accountabilities: Within delegated authority, the Human Resources Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
• Provide assistance on HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to HR colleagues and PASport users in the field.
• Analyse and respond to various internal and external queries, to ensure that clients are well-informed in order to enable timely HR services.
• Review and compile a variety of data on locally recruited field employees to support analysis and reporting needs.
• Provide support to professional officer in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
• Provide support and guidance to PASport Users and Timekeepers in the field.
• Perform analysis of system errors and liaise with Technology Division (TEC) counterparts to seek solutions.
• Support the professional officer in the drafting of business requirements for changes / enhancements related to the PASport system.
• Test solutions before these are implemented in the HR production systems.
• Liaise with field colleagues regarding training and documentation of HR processes and systems including the preparation of guidelines for the user community.
• Provide guidance to PASport users worldwide.
• Monitor data accuracy and take actions to ensure correctness of payroll data.
• Other duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Computer engineering or related fields is an advantage.
• Six or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in general administrative work, including at least three years in human resources or other related field.
• Work experience in HR systems administration and support would be an added advantage.
• Work experience in the UN system would be an advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of specialized HR administrative work practices and methods gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Good mathematical ability, with experience in complex calculations and analysis.
• Good communication skills and good understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve a range of HR queries.
• Ability to conduct analyses in order to generate periodic reports and make recommendations for further actions.
• Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions and outside WFP in order to effectively contribute to the functioning of the unit.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and use initiative to perform administrative tasks within broad WFP guidelines and standards.
Language: Working knowledge (proficiency/FAO level C) of English. Intermediate knowledge (FAO level B) of French and/or Spanish an asset.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Sunday 18th July 2021, 23:59 hrs Bangkok time.
This vacancy announcement is limited to nationals of Thailand. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.