Job Title: Staff Interpreter
Location: Mae Sot, Tak, Thailand
Application Deadline : 14 July 2021
Background/IRC Summary: The IRC has a rich history of assisting refugees to apply for U.S. resettlement, from its founding in 1933 to help vulnerable individuals escape Nazi-occupied Europe, to pioneering the Joint Voluntary Agency which assisted Indochinese refugees for 22 years, to operations in Croatia, Sierra Leone and Sudan. Over the years, IRC has processed some half million refugees worldwide for U.S. resettlement.
Based in Bangkok with four field offices in Thailand and Malaysia, the IRC Resettlement Support Center (IRC-RSC) assists persons throughout East Asia seeking permanent resettlement in the United States. Operating in fifteen countries, the RSC prepares refugee applications for the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees and offers cultural orientation training to those refugees bound for the United States.
Job Overview/Summary: Reporting to Senior Staff Interpreter, the Staff Interpreter will provide language support services for applicants to the US refugee resettlement program. The Interpreter will act as an interpreter of oral statements given in Burmese/Karen languages into the English Language and vice versa for, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) interviews, RSC Prescreen interviews, and for Cultural Orientation (CO) training.
• Provide interpretation during RSC assignments for US immigration, Prescreening, Pre-Post interviews and Cultural Orientation (CO) training.
• Translate documents from Karen/Burmese languages to English language and vice versa.
• Assist in the training camp-based interpreters and CBAs in accordance with RSC Policies and Procedures and in filing compliance documents related to the Camp based interpreters.
• Assist in training and mentoring of new interpreters as needed.
• Assist program support activity in case verification.
• Perform other relevant duties as directed by supervisor.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Staff Interpreter
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Program Support Coordinator and Senior Casework Manager: Special Communities and Interpreter Services
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: RSC Staff members
External: RSC Contract Interpreters
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required.
Work Experience: Minimum 1 year working as an interpreter strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: - Good organizational, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Thorough knowledge of computer software (e.g., Word, Excel, Email, Internet)
- Maturity, positive attitude, and experience working under pressure
- Able to travel supporting RSC activities along camp sites in Thailand
Language Skills: Perfect command of one or more of the following: Karen-S’gaw, Karen-Pwo, and/or Burmese, and fluent English.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
The position is located at the RSC Mae Sot field office and regular travel to all refugee camps in Thailand is expected.
The employee is required to adhere to the USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines for professional conducts as well as to be in compliance with all relevant Policies and Procedures while carrying his/her duties.
If you are interested, please apply via IRC website below.
Contact : HR Department