Job Title : Logistics and Warehouse Officer
Location: Mae Hong Son
Applicaiton Deadline : 13 July 2021
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The Logistics/Warehouse Officer works as part of MHS Operations team to provide fleet management and inventory support and services to MHS team in compliance of IRC and donor requirements.
Fleet Management (50%)
• Perform vehicle scheduling properly and monitor travel plan for drivers based on program requirement for camp visit and other travel outside MHS, request for cash advances and clear payment for drivers.
• Perform vehicle checking requirement as per fleet management SOP and conduct vehicle maintenance ensuring vehicles are in good condition.
• Perform vehicle data tracking as a monthly report for supporting the SCMR/GSC monthly report.
• Initiate all yearly vehicles registration, insurance renewals and disposal for all IRC Thailand vehicles.
• Ensure all mechanical equipment tools, first aid kits and other necessary supplies are in vehicles and in good conditions at all time.
• Ensure vehicle management & policy and procedures are well implemented and applied in MHS office with attention to safety and security issues.
• Report accident incident to Field Coordinator for any damage or faults on the vehicles and inspect vehicles after using by authorized staff, and charge for damage, if any.
• Arrange rental vehicle for programs as requested.
• Review and organize drivers’ monthly timesheets including Leave Application Form for Sick Leave, Vacation and Compensation and submit to HR regularly.
• Supervise driver team by evaluating work performance and set job goal and objectives.
Warehouse Management (50%)
• Manage main and field warehouse inventories to ensure all warehouses are complied with IRC policies and SOPs.
• Cooperate with Provincial Health Office (PHO) in reviewing drugs order and distribution to camps and quality checking.
• Perform inventory cycle, annual physical and grant ending inventory counts, and prepare reports with any discrepancy to Field Coordinator, Supply Chain Manager and concerned people.
• Control and document the receipt, handling, storage, pick-up (FEFO – First Expire First Out manner), store release and reporting of inventories to the Field Coordinator.
• Responsible for issuing Waybill, Delivery Report and recording in Log Book and circulated copy to concerned staff for reference information.
• Ensure all day-to-day inventory transactions (stock card, bin card, inventory reports and related documents) are real-time updated with accuracy.
• Monitor and review expiry date of stock and report to concerned people before out-of-date by 6 months ahead and perform disposal for all scraps.
• Implement and ensure clear safety procedures, housekeeping and discipline in the warehouses.
• Advise the Field Coordinator, Senior Clinical Manager and concerned people of potential inventory shortages, warehouse specific issues, and improvements.
• Provide on-time, standard monthly reports to the Field Coordinator and Supply Chain Manager. Filing monthly stock record reports to include consumption of office and field sites.
• Manage and train camps warehouse staff as required, including with utilization and maintenance of warehouse premises, fitting and equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Field Coordinator.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Officer
Position directly supervises: Drivers.
Indirect Reporting: Supply Chain Manager
Education: Bachelor degree in Management or other relevant fields
Work Experience: Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in Fleet and Warehouse Management
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong warehouse management and organizational skills
- Strong driving skills and vehicle knowledge
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision. Good tasks prioritization skill and Good time and people management skill
- Good knowledge in Thai labor law and legal concern
- Positive attitude, Excellent and team-oriented person
- Ability to work on regular deadlines and adapt to changing situations
- Excellent time management skills and be able to work independently
- Good at multi-tasking, flexibility
- Trouble shooting skills
Languages and Computer skills:
- Good command of written and spoken Thai and English
- Excellent computer skills on Microsoft Excel, Word, and database management and record
Working Environment: The position will be based in Mae Hong Son Province, with sometime travel to Ban Mai Nai Soi and Ban Mae Surin Temporary Shelters.
If you are interested , please apply via link below.
Contact : HR Department