Department: Admin & HR
Position: Office Manager
No of Post: 1
Duration of Post: 4 months, with possibility of recruitment
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Vacancy Closing Date: 15 July 2021
Background on ACTED
Founded in 1993, ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non- discrimination. Based in Paris, France, ACTED now operates in 38 countries worldwide, with 400 international and 5000 national staffs. ACTED has a 250 Million Euros budget for over 400 projects per year. As the second French NGO, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
In Thailand, ACTED has been responding to the needs of refugees in camps by the Myanmar-Thai border since 2013. Specifically focusing on the two Northernmost camps (Ban Mae Surin and Ban Mai Nai Soi), near Mae Hong, ACTED provides livelihood support through integrated vocational training opportunities and a package to support access to income generation. In addition, ACTED intervenes in the Deep South of Thailand (Pattani, Narathiwat and Yala) since 2018; also providing vocational training and facilitating access to livelihood for vulnerable youth as a means to address youth unemployment in the South.
For more information, please visit our website at https://www.acted.org/en/countries/thailand/
ACTED is currently looking for 1 Thai national individual to fill the position of Office Manager.
The Office Manager is responsible for the smooth running of the ACTED South/South-East Asia Regional Office in Bangkok and provides administrative, HR and logistic support to ACTED’s Thailand project office in Mae Hong Son and Pattani.
Based in Bangkok, Thailand
Chain of Command & Working Relations:
Under the authority of: Regional/Country Director
Line management: None
Internal relations: Finance Manager, Area Finance, Administration and Logistics Officers, HQ HR/Administration and Logistics Departments, Project Managers.
External relations: Authorities, Suppliers
Duties and responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the safe custody of petty cash and supporting documents;
- Make cash payment for all items and services which have been approved by the Finance Controller and Regional/Country Director
- Prepare and inspect daily petty cash disbursement documents and maintain a record of all related documents and necessary reimbursements - generate vouchers for all payments made and register them in Excel cashbook on daily basis;
- Ensure cash reconciliation between the cashbook and the safe;
- Preparation of the excel accounting for importation in the SAGA accounting software
Administration and Liasion
- Prepare all administrative documents such as letters, internal notes, regulation etc;
- Organize meetings with authorities in area level for ACTED Senior management & Country Representative;
- Follow up of Legal-related issues, in coordination with Country Finance Manager and Country Representative.
- Ensure compliance of ACTED to legal requirements of the area of intervention;
- Arrange travel and accommodation, incl. providing travel advice to visitors;
- Manage the ACTED office and GH
- Liaise with the Ministry of Labour on all matters related to ACTED registration, incl. preparation of letters, reports, etc.;
- Completion of World Director for Thailand to HQ on monthly basis
- Assist with the preparation of meeting agendas, presentations, project filing, photocopying, etc.;
- Coordinate arrangements for meetings, visits, workshops and conferences;
- Translate letters into Thai upon needs or requests.
- Manage visa applications and applications for work permits as needed/requested;
- Prepare vacancy announcements for national staff, receive all applicants’ CVs and draft candidates’ list;
- Draft employment contracts for national staff and collect all information required for contract. (ID card, photos, identification information, reference etc.);
- Prepare, check and control staff presence and leave follow-up table and send on a monthly basis to HQ
- Prepare, check and control monthly staff TITANIC, incl. payroll and send to HQ by latest 15th of each month;
- Liaise with tax authorities regarding ACTED tax registration and remittance of taxes;
- Oversee and manage the national tender process;
- Procure supplies and services for field offices in case these supplies and services cannot be procured locally;
- Receive and review the monthly logistics TITANIC from the field office, consolidate and prepare the ACTED Thailand logistics TITANIC and send to HQ;
- Manage the in-office stock of stationary and office supplies;
- Prepare order forms and purchase orders when required;
- Sort incoming supplier quotations, invoices and payment requests;
- Coordinate for courier services to send and receive documents;
- Receive and review the monthly Carbon Foot Print Data collection process and send to HQ.
- Adhere to HAP standards as set by ACTED;
- Any other task as assigned by the line manager
- Bachelor degree in business administration, finance, accounting or relevant field;
- At least 3 year work experience in administration/HR with NGO;
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Solid diplomatic skills and ability to write official letters to local authorities;
- Good spoken and written English
Submission of application:
Applications shall be in English and include:
- a resume of not more than 3 pages;
- a cover letter expressing the motivation to work for this specific position;
- contact details of at least 1 reference
Submission to firstname.lastname@example.org (Phone: 081 911-1049)
The files attached to the e-mail should not exceed 2 MB. Applications should be submitted no later than 15 July 2021 (by 5:00 pm). Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerทรัพยากรณ์มนุษย์ / Human resources