Are you ready for SAVING LIVES CHANGING LIVES of the world's most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Vacancy Number: 142647
Duration: 1 Year, renewable
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Supervisor: Sr. Regional HR Officer, P5 (Head of HR Unit)
Terms and Conditions: WFP offers competitive benefits package including tax-free salary plus excellent medical insurance and pension scheme
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. It gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
WFP’s Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific in Bangkok, Thailand oversees operations in 17 countries plus the Pacific, reaching 30 million people with assistance valued at US $3 billion. The portfolio ranges from humanitarian aid in Tajikistan, to school meals in Cambodia and Laos, supporting government social protection schemes in India and Pakistan, climate change adaptation in Nepal and Sri Lanka, nutrition for mothers and children in Bangladesh and Timor Leste, to emergency preparedness in Indonesia and the Pacific.
Accountabilities: Within delegated authority, the Human Resources Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
1. Lead the Talent Acquisition Team to deliver quality recruitment service, including implementation of WFP gender parity and diversity and inclusion policies for the Bangkok Office and small Country Offices in the Asia and the Pacific region.
2. Partner with managers and employees to understand their needs and provide advice on policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools available to support them on various scenarios.
3. Lead the capability building strategy and implementation for the Human Resources employees in the region on recruitment policies, practices and latest tools and techniques, as well as brief relevant parties such as hiring manager and interview panel members on required knowledge for their roles.
4. Contribute towards the implementation of country-specific plans related to Staffing and HR recruitment activities, including review and coordinate post (re)classifications, as well as taking part in oversight missions.
5. Design, collate and analyse data to ensure accurate and timely reporting on recruiting activities that will ensure consistent information and allow informed decision-making by hiring partners.
6. Expand the external Partnerships related to recruitment services, sourcing new partners, negotiating and ensuring best practices to enhance the teams recruitment processes.
7. Contribute to HR emergency preparedness and response, including coordination of various Rosters, surge, and staff deployment tracking.
8. Other as required.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant fields. A Master’s degree is preferable.
Minimum of 5 years (or 3 years for candidates with Master’s degree) of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources, with at least 3 years focusing on recruitment.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Broad knowledge of HR best practices, techniques and processes (including an understanding of the theoretical background), with specialised knowledge of talent acquisition.
• Ability to supervise and support members of the TA team.
• Ability to analyse data, draw conclusions and recommend a course of action.
• Excellent communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client-oriented service, identifying the client’s needs and providing appropriate solutions.
• Familiarity with UN and/or WFP HR rules and regulations
• Proficiency in both oral and written communication skills in English.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Sunday 18th July 2021, 23:59 hrs Bangkok time
This vacancy announcement is limited to nationals of Thailand. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings).
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.