Plan International Thailand
Looking for Child Protection Specialist
Plan International is an international humanitarian, child-centered development organization, advancing children’s rights and equality for girls.
Position: Child Protection Specialist
Assignment duration: Fixed- Term Contract (1 years)
Duty station: Bangkok
JOB BACKGROUND: Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan International aims to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalized with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively. Plan International Thailand focuses on populations living in remote mountainous areas.
The Child Protection Specialist ensures that Plan International’s global policy on Safeguarding Children and young People is fully and consistently implemented.
Core role and responsibilities:
- Reports to the Program Director with close links to the HR Manager.
- Ensures implementation and monitoring of Plan International’s global policy on Safeguarding Children and Young People.
- Work closely with implementing partners to build their capacity in Child Protection.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”, include indicators for success
- Ensures that all Plan International Thailand child protection policies are developed based upon the global policy on Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Builds the capacity of staff regarding child protection policies through staff orientations and trainings. Ensures all staff understand, have signed the code of conduct and practice according to the policies
- Assists HR in screening personnel
- Ensuring that all external communications are in line with the child protection policies and protect the best interests of the child
- Ensures that all associates and visitors understand and agree with the child protection policies, sign that they agree and practice according to the policies
- Ensures that a reporting mechanism is in place that allows for safe and confidential reporting of any child protection concerns to the appropriate persons
- Ensures procedures and policies are in place to respond and follow up to any reported concerns. Procedures must keep the best interest of the child in mind.
- Insures regular child protection related reports are completed on time and also completes the annual child protection self-audit including action plan and follow up.
- Undertakes risk assessment of projects and activities directly involving children.
- Assess partners to ensure that they have adequate child protection policies and systems. Builds capacity of partners in this area as needed.
- Ensures that all Plan International Thailand’s partners have a good Child Protection policy in that is functioning well. In addition, partner staff are well trained in child protection, understand and practice according to its reporting procedures.
- Assists in annual planning and budgeting for activities.
- Undertakes other trainings (e.g. CCCD) for staff time permitting.
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Qualifications and experience
- Excellent understanding of Child Protection issues, policy, reporting, etc.
- Previous experience in child protection work.
- Good English & Thai language skills
- Proven strategic relationship management skills
- Good people skills
- Coaching, mentoring, training and facilitation skills
- Excellent skills in working with children
- Clear and effective communication
- Good judgement
- Accountability and responsibility
- Demonstrate high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Confident in taking initiative
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a motivational letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees via E-mail only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 20 June 2021
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Protection Policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator