POSITION TITLE: Gender Equality & Social Inclusion Specialist
LOCATION: Bangkok, Thailand
DEPARTMENT: Civic Engagement and Social Equity
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party, USAID Thailand Counter-Trafficking in Persons Program
The goal of USAID Thailand CTIP is to reduce trafficking in persons in Thailand and to better protect rights of trafficked persons.
The Gender Equality & Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist will lead activities to integrate gender and inclusion of marginalized groups throughout project implementation. The GESI Specialist will work with other staff members to assess where gender gaps exist; define the different risks of men, women, and other groups vulnerable to trafficking in Thailand; and propose specific approaches and strategies to mitigate social discrimination through the project.
- Under the management of the Chief of Party, lead activities related to gender analysis and programming and inclusion of marginalized groups per the approved GESI Action Plan
- Develop tools and materials needed to effectively integrate a gender equality and social inclusion framework within USAID Thailand CTIP activities, budgeting, communications and monitoring and evaluation
- Act as the focal person for linking USAID Thailand CTIP with efforts to promote gender equality and social inclusion, and engage organizations focusing on migrants, indigenous people, people with disabilities and LGBT issues for coordination and collaboration, including reducing TIP vulnerabilities among these marginalized groups
- Collaborate with other project staff, stakeholders and partners to streamline GESI considerations in all project activities
- Oversee gender integration into all training materials, public awareness and outreach strategies, project communications, and other key activities
- Contribute to work plans, success stories, progress reports, research evaluation panels and reports, communications materials, and event planning and facilitation
- Collaborate with Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning and program staff to ensure monitoring systems appropriately capture GESI outcomes, monitor potential unintended consequences, and assist program staff and partners to take corrective action, as needed
- Liaise with government stakeholders to help align project activities with national and regional priorities and identify opportunities for coordination in the areas of gender and social inclusion
- Lead victim protection activities in coordination with project staff and partners
- Oversee survivor services providers and provide technical assistance in improving victim identification, survivor-driven, trauma-informed and case management and assistance, including but not limited to livelihoods, education, and psychosocial support; community-based reintegration support; and improved referral mechanism and coordination among providers
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant local organizations, government as well as private sector partners to improve referral mechanism and services; implement and maintain standards of care for survivors
- Ensure that USAID CTIP strategies are in line with best practices and deploy innovative solutions to survivor assistance; develop tools for staff and partners
- Contribute to USAID CTIP quarterly and other reports
- Complete other tasks as assigned by Winrock.
Education: Advanced degree in international development, social science, political science, human rights, gender studies or another related field.
Technical: Minimum 5 years’ relevant professional experience in gender, social inclusion, and/or work with marginalized populations (including migrants) in Thailand.
- Demonstrated ability to build individual and institutional capacity in key aspects of human rights programming, preferably in the area of countering human trafficking, and providing policy and programmatic advice to development projects on GESI and gender-based violence issues.
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis, project design, monitoring, and evaluation of development activities, such as gender-based violence, particularly in monitoring complex and hard to identify populations such as trafficked persons.
- Fluent English and Thai speaking and writing skills required.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, and conflict management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
- Willingness to travel and work throughout Thailand as needed.
Applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter referencing GESI Specialist in the subject line to email@example.com by June 21st, 2021.
Winrock would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted.
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultantนักวิจัย / Researcher