About Institute for Peace Studies
Institute for Peace Studies (IPS), Prince of Songkla University, is the foremost academic institution in the southern border provinces dedicated to peace and conflict resolution. The institute has offered a graduate program in Conflict and Peace Studies since 2008 and has conducted research and programmes in different areas of social sciences to encourage peace processes and multicultural societies.
- Liaising with civil society partners and manage day-to-day project implementation in consultation with the project supervisor to ensure that activities are implemented on schedule and within budget;
- Undertaking duty travels to within southern border provinces of Songkhla, Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat as necessary to ensure smooth and timely implementation of the project activities and to monitor activities undertaken in the fields;
- Provide logistical and administrative support as well as planning and facilitating the organisation of meetings and workshops.
- Manage the distribution of grants and oversee that budgets allocated to civil society partners are spent according to the objectives and in alignment with the project’s rules and regulations.
- Provide results of, and reflections on, projects undertaken by civil society partners to the project supervisor for the purpose of drafting evaluation reports
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Political Sciences, Social Sciences, or a related field;
- Language proficiency in verbal and written English language is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in project management and implementation, including in reporting and monitoring & evaluation;
- Familiarity with computer programs, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Willing to be based at Prince of Songkla University, either in Hat Yai or Pattani campus, for the duration of the project.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience in working effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience in the areas of development and governance, particularly working directly with civil society and grassroots organizations, an asset.
Location: Prince of Songkla University (Hat Yai or Pattani campus), Thailand
Contract: 12 months with a possibility of extension to 18 months
How to apply: Interested candidate, please fill information and attach relevant documents in this form https://forms.gle/XrLntTuFBq7FMxWY9. For inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 074-289465. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Deadline: 30 June 2021
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator