Job Title : Senior IT Officer
Application Deadline : 5 May 2021
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
Reporting to the Senior IT Manager, Senior IT Officer will provide quality support services and technical support of IT service functions for all IRC Thailand in Central Area– Bangkok, Chatpawai (Ratchaburi), and Sangklaburi (Kanchanaburi) including responsible for assisting and facilitating the installation, configuration, staff training and operations of IT activities in the IRC project offices. The Senior IT Officer ensures the operation of efficient and effective communication, IT Hardware/Software systems and services for both CRRD-RSC Asia Offices. Particular emphasis is placed on responsibilities to support overall IT systems, to facilitate required IT security audit and also maintain documentations related to IT security aspects.
IT Support Duties
• Provide day-to-day supports for all users in Central Area of IRC Thailand including CRRD-RSC Bangkok, Ratchaburi, and Kanchanaburi by Phone/remote/onsite support
• Install of information systems both hardware and software in collaboration with the Senior IT Manager to ensure compatibility with existing systems
• Maintain new intra-office applications and groupware suites for office connectivity and productivity • Basic System Administration: Administering IT systems including Server operations such as Virtual Machines, Active Directory, Network connectivity, and Printing systems
• Work in conjunction with the Senior IT Manager in the testing of new software or systems schema prior to deployment
• Install and maintain application servers such as SQL server and SUN Systems Sever
• Maintain internet connectivity and computer hardware to be compliant with IRC minimum standards in a timely manner
• Manage backup solutions such as administer backup application, manage off-site storage routine for backup media, and maintain backup SOP which is a part of Disaster Recover Planning
• Assist with the upgrading and/or replacing computerized parts to maximize efficiency of office computers for program support
• Asset management: Maintain the proper storage of inactive IT assets (computers, printers, UPS’, etc).
• Provide training and orientation to new staff on IT, network and equipment usage and office network systems, protocols and related policies
• Builds and maintain Network, System and application documentations
• Install anti-virus software and ensure definitions updates on both client computers and servers
• Report IT Service Desk and the Senior IT Manager of any virus detection, system vulnerabilities, or other cyberattacks that may cause potential damage to the IT systems
• Assist the Senior IT Manager in developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that will be integrated into the IT Security Policy Development Process as required by the NIST 800-53 Rev4 Moderate Baselines
• Update appropriate network security and data protection procedures to safeguard system from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users and damage to data required by the NIST 800-53 Rev4 Moderate Baselines
• Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by Senior IT Manager and any trainings from HQ.
• Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from IT Coordinator.
• Keep abreast of communication, technology and network developments and apply this knowledge to improve Hardware systems both CRRD-RSC offices in Bangkok, Chatpawai, and Sangklaburi
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior IT Manager Position directly supervises: n/a
Indirect Reporting: Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
Internal: Program team, Finance team, HR & SC teams, RSC Asia – Bangkok staffs, related fields staff, etc.
External: Regional ICT Coordinator – ACME & HQ
Education: Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology Management or equivalent field
• At least 3 year experience in IT (preferably with NGO or private company)
• Strong troubleshooting abilities, especially in networking, MS Applications and MS Operating Systems
• Strong hardware deployment/repairing skills
• Computer imaging skills required
• Hands-on experience with basic Administration functions in Microsoft Server 2016, and Active Directory
• Skills in developing IT technical manuals and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
• Knowledge of all major networking protocols, including LDAP DNS & DHCP deployment/maintenance
• Experience in a multi-cultural environment is desirable
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Customer & Client centre and service oriented mind & attitude, and ability to work independently under pressure.
• Proven ability to plan short-long-term, organize priorities and work under administrative and programmatic pressures with detail orientation and professional grace.
• Strong diplomacy and collaboration skills in establishing positive working relationships with level management and IRC staff to maximize cooperation and productivity.
• Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
Language Skills: Good command of English in speaking, listening and writing
Computer Skill: Very strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access), basic knowledge of SQL database administration is desirable
Working Environment: Based in Bangkok office, and occasionally required to travel to field offices for on-site support, training, conference, and workshop
If you are interested, please apply via link below.
Contact : HR Department