UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP is the UN’s global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. UNDP is on the ground in about 170 countries and territories, working with national counterparts on solutions to global and national development challenges.
In Thailand, UNDP partners with the host government, civil society including the business community, the United Nations system, the development partners and other development actors to help the country achieve sustainable development including the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by eradicating poverty in all its forms and dimensions, accelerating structural transformations for sustainable development and building resilience to crises and shock.
UNDP Thailand Country Office (CO) is reorganizing internally and moving towards an integrated collaborative business model. Internally, an energetic and innovative team will converge around the planning, design, implementation and quality assurance of an integrated programme in a fast-paced environment. Fostering strategic partnerships and alliances with different stakeholders will require a team which consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude and has a strong client orientation.
In this context, under the direct supervision and strategic guidance of the Deputy Resident Representative (DRR), UNDP Thailand is seeking an Integrated Team Leader (ITL) to oversee the entire programme portfolio in Thailand. The incumbent should possess demonstrated agility and ability for portfolio management and team leadership, with an understanding of how to enable this through creative collaboration and integrated approaches. S/he works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO for resolving programme and project management related issues.
The incumbent develops and implements innovative methods that strategically capture and share technical knowledge from all teams and partners to improve program effectiveness through a management approach that values creative collaboration over narrow silos of self-verifying expertise and practice. Rather than confirming or controlling an established approach or dialogue, the ITL facilitates an open and rigorous dialogue across teams that serve the strategic direction of the Country Programme for UNDP Thailand.
Ideas & expertise:
- Lead the renewed strategic positioning of UNDP Thailand through policy expertise and the capacity to hear and encourage a dialogue of divergent viewpoints from technical collaborators.
- Design and formulate CO programme translating Thailand’s development priorities into measurable action and contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework
- With team members, define a portfolio of integrated and innovative programmes and services that go beyond conventional practice to one where new partners and collaborators see their perspectives and are motivated to join forces with UNDP
- Strategize with CO senior management on new project opportunities as well as non-project modalities for delivering advisory services and development support to national and sub-national counterparts
- Manage UNDP programme and projects across the existing and forthcoming Country Programme Document (CPD) priorities; ensure expected results of the Annual Work Plan [AWP] activities, prioritizing responsibilities related to programme oversight, management, coordination, M&E and reporting.
- Lead the development of a pipeline UNDP programme and technical advisory support
- Manage portfolio resources approving transactions and work planning
- Frame risk issues with supporting analysis to support CO senior management.
- Refine portfolio strategy and policy positions through continuous critical assessment and analysis providing team members and CO management with compelling analytics
- Engage the policy dialogue across sectors and actors including government, UN partners, the private sector, and civil society ensuring the voices of all are heard by, and seen in, the work of UNDP.
- Cultivate relationships with technical experts locally and internationally that champion Thailand’s ambition, demonstrating UNDP Thailand’s expertise and innovation.
- Engage the international policy dialogue on SDGs and South-South Cooperation identifying linkages and supporting evidence for Thailand program
- Supported by the UNDP SDG Advisor, implements the SDG localization agenda by engaging with multiple partners at the national and sub national levels
- Develop and convene networks of collaborators both conventional and novel who are willing to participate in the dialogue, are attracted to the issues and can advance the work and profile of UNDP
- Deliver technical advice to national counterparts.
Team Collaboration :
- Provide leadership in strategically utilizing portfolio management tools and practices to keep resources aligned to actual and evolving priorities rather than rigid, preset planning targets.
- Manage team members and relationships with donors, government and al counterparts
- Identify the ability of UNDP Thailand to conduct specific design engagements and recommend sourcing of necessary capacity, facilitating the design and scoping of engagements and their deliverables
- Provide practical guidance to team members and clients on UNDPs evolution from a programme towards a dynamic portfolio approach that links outreach to new collaborators and non-conventional actors with both useful ideas and fee-based services and investments.
- Learn from colleagues and adapt to new thinking and approaches.
- Continually seek opportunities and linkages within broader country office efforts
- Conduct learning seminars and lead discussion groups for the team on relevant subjects.
- Model reliability of output, organization and innovation.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Community (of Practice) Management
- Ability to maintain a community on assigned thematic areas
Global Conversations and Outreach
- Ability to manage global conversations and knowledge campaigns
- Ability to turn raw information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to stated need
- Ability to animate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share Competency Definition
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in social policy, public policy, politics, economics, development studies or a related area.
- Certification in programme/ project management (e.g. Managing Successful Programme, Project Management Professional, PRINCE 2, etc.) would be an advantage.
- 5 years (with Master’s degree) or 7 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of overall relevant professional experience as well as a proven professional record as a development practitioner at international level;
- Experience in leading/managing integrated knowledge product development and dissemination;
- Prior supervisory experience would be an advantage;
- Experience of knowledge sharing within a web 2.0 environment.
- Fluency in English and Thai.
- Other official language of the UN will be desirable.
Important applicant information
All posts in the NO categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Interested candidate, please submit an application through
ผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager