The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok seeks to fill the following position:
IHL Department Legal Advisers
The International Humanitarian Law (IHL) Department of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Bangkok Regional Delegation is accepting applications for internship. The IHL Department seeks a post-graduate humanitarian with legal knowledge and strong interest in IHL for 2 periods of internship, each period lasting 3 months. The first period will be from July to September 2021. The second period will be from October to December 2021. Candidates may choose to apply for both periods should they feel inclined to do so.
- Assist the IHL Department in its academic activities and research;
- Provide logistic support to the organizing of the IHL Department's events and activities;
- Support the operation at the Delegation as required;
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Holding Bachelor's degree in Law or Political Science, preferably in humanitarian law, human rights, international law, international relations;
- Excellent organizational, time management, and strong interpersonal skills;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Ability to multi-task, to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines;
- Attention to details and proven ability to work independently and effectively with minimum supervision;
- Networking skills to engage with key internal and external partners;
- Knowledge of the ICRC and commitment to the humanitarian principles and mandate;
- Computer proficiency: MS Office;
- Basic proficiency in use of online platforms for conference;
- Good command of spoken and written English;
- Experience in video editing would be considered an asset.
- An opportunity to enhance cultural awareness by working with diverse team members and participants from around the world;
- A selected intern will be able to acquire knowledge on the humanitarian work of the ICRC and the Red Cross /Red Crescent in general;
- An opportunity to enhance planning and organizing skills by being involved in the organization of the IHL Moot Court and Role Play in Thailand; Cambodia; Vietnam; Laos as needed;
- Internship allowance as per internal rules.
The closing date for the post will be: 30 April 2021
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, following this format for the subject line: POSITION – First Name Surname by email only to: email@example.com
Starting date: July 2021
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview
ผู้ช่วย / Assistant