United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 06/2021
Post Level: N/A
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement:
31 March 2021
Post No.: N/A
Associate RSD Officer, under the overall supervision of RSD Officer
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement:
14 April 2021
UNOPS Retainer Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- To translate accurately, professionally and in a timely manner documents related to Registration (REG), Refugee Status Determination (RSD), Durable Solutions (DS), Community Services (CS) and other Protection purposes for the UNHCR Representation in Thailand from the specific language assigned to the undersigned interpreter to English and vice versa.
- To interpret during REG/RSD/RST/CS/Protection interviews/counselling sessions of asylum seekers/refugees. When requested and with prior approval from the RSD Officer, to carry out interpretation for other UNHCR Offices/staff members and/or delegations of resettlement countries in Bangkok.
- To interpret in the context of various Protection information sessions, briefings, trainings and related sessions including on best interest determination, etc.
- When instructed by the immediate Supervisor, to interpret telephone inquiries made by asylum-seekers/refugees/phone callers in the language assigned to the undersigned interpreters.
- To report to the Supervisor on each call received for recording in the database and further action by other responsible staff.
- To perform other interpretation and translation functions as requested by the supervisors.
Qualifications and Experiences
- Completion of secondary education at a minimum, but completion of university studies preferred.
- Completion of interpreter training courses preferred.
- Prior experience in interpretation/translation is desirable.
- Proven skills in communicating proficiently from the assigned language to English and vice versa. This means accurate listening, speaking, reading and writing, reporting in both languages in a verbatim and efficient manner.
- Possess high standard of professional conduct and ethics in the course of performing interpretation and translation services.
- Knowledge of computer applications, including Microsoft Office package (Word and Excel).
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and respect diversity.
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 form, Curriculum Vitae and a copy of official ID card/national passport indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to:
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: https://www.unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/u11/P11_UNHCR.docm and
UNHCR promotes diversity and equal opportunities. All well-qualified candidates, including female candidates and individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- All UNHCR staff members in Thailand
- UN organizations in Thailand
- Specialized Agencies
- Diplomatic Missions
- International NGOs
- Non-government Organizations
ล่าม , นักแปรภาษา / Translator