ABOUT THE TIJ
Building on Thailand’s engagement in the UN Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice, Thailand Institute of Justice (TIJ) was established in 2011 with the aim to promote excellence in research and capacity-building in the area of criminal justice. The institute serves as a bridge that transports global ideas to local practices. The primary objective is to promote the implementation of United Nations Rules for the Treatment of Women Prisoners and Non-custodial Measures for Women Offenders (the Bangkok Rules) as well as other United Nations standards and norms related to women and children in contact with the criminal justice system. As a member of the United Nations Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Programme Network Institute (UNPNI), TIJ also gears its work towards important cross-cutting issues on the United Nations agenda such as the rule of law, sustainable development, human rights, peace and security. At the same time, it works toward enhancing domestic justice system and the rule-based community within the ASEAN region.
ABOUT THE SECTION
The Section seeks to promote the implementation of relevant international standards and norms on crime prevention and criminal justice related to the protection of women and children.
- Provide technical support and substantive inputs to the Director of the Office of External Relations and Policy Coordination on strategy and management of Women and Children in the Criminal Justice System Section. This includes strategies on TIJ’s work in relation to women and children in the criminal justice system.
- Provide leadership and guide the tasks necessary for the functioning of the Section such a preparation of concept note, budgets and section proposals, progress reports, memos, and management of human and financial resources;
- Provide substantive inputs to senior management for national and regional meetings/conferences the issues related to Women and Children in the Criminal Justice System;
- Provide leadership for the conceptualization, planning, implementation and coordination of evidence-based research and a variety of capacity building activities for national and regional criminal justice institutions on the elimination of violence against women and violence against children in the field of crime prevention and criminal justice;
- Provide leadership and strategic support on policy advocacy and campaigns across all strategic goals and lead external representation on TIJ’s agenda on women and children;
- Foster cooperation and strategic partnership with stakeholders, in Thailand and beyond.
- Work closely with the team and relevant staff members or consultants of the Section to ensure that all project activities are undertaken smoothly in accordance with the project proposals, project plan and TIJ strategies.
- Represent the Institute in relevant meeting.
- Additional assignments by the Executive Director or the EXPO Director
- Post-graduate degree in law, criminology, political sciences, international relations, development studies, human rights, social science or other relevant disciplines;
- Good understanding of child rights, women’s rights, gender equality, and crime prevention and criminal justice.
- At least 8-10 years of experience working in international relations, human rights, social development or any related field and at least 4 years in management/leadership level;
- Fluency in English and Thai language; and
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
Skills / Abilities
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good networking skills;
- Strong leadership and coaching skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and independently under minimal supervision
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume indicating the position title to email@example.com
Or should you need any further information, please visit our website at http://www.tijthailand.com
HR@tijthailand.org /02 -1189400 ต่อ 123 /081-7337461
ผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager