Project Assistant / Secretary
Chulalongkorn University and Kyushu University are the main implementing agencies for the "Project for the Formation of a Center of Excellence for Marine Plastic Pollution Studies in the Southeast Asia Seas. The project is implemented under the“ Science and Technology Research Partnership for Sustainable Development (SATREPS). promoted jointly by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST).
SATREPS aims to develop new technologies and their applications for tackling global issues and also aims at capacity development of researchers and research institutes in both recipient county and Japan. This project purpose is to establish a sustainable framework of monitoring and management of marine plastics in the southeast Asian seas through establishment of an academic center of excellence (COE) in Thailand. The project started in October 2021 and will continue until March 2025.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall direction of the JICA Expert (Project Coordinator) the Project Assistant / Secretary will engage in secretarial works and logistical arrangements such as:
- Communication (Interpretation and Translation) from English to Thai and vice versa.
- Document preparation (meeting memos, reports, data input, letters, etc.).
- Assistance in accounting and procurement (market research, communication with providers, preparation of purchase / service orders, on-site inspection, etc.).
- Logistic arrangement for business trip, meeting, seminar and other events.
- Communication and coordination with Thai Government officials, Thai and Japanese University researchers, International Organizations, Private Sector, Civil Society and others.
- Collect information related to project activities which includes field trips to areas out of Bangkok.
- Office set up and maintenance.
- Other administrative / secretarial work as required.
- Requirements (Qualifications and Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or above.
- Native language in Thai and excellent speaking, reading and writing ability in English. Knowledge of Japanese language will be of an advantage.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet, email, etc.).
- Working experience in similar positions in government organization, university, or international organization will be of an advantage.
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
- Working Information:
- Place of duty: mainly works in Chulalongkorn University, Faculty of Science, Department of Marine Science with occasional travels mainly to the project site in Samaesan Area, Chonburi Province and where otherwise stated by the Project.
- Normal working hours: 8:30 to 16:30 (lunch break from 12:00 to 13:00) from Monday to Friday, except Public Holidays.
- The starting gross salary shall be calculated based on the academic and working experience in accordance with internal regulations (over 20,700 THB per month). Commuting allowance, overtime allowance, travel allowance for official trip as well as health and accident insurance allowance is provided but there is no bonus payment.
- Submission of Applications:
- Interested candidates shall send required documents mentioned below by e-mail to the following addresses: Noriko.Y@chula.ac.th / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive invitation for an interview. All applications are treated with strict confidentiality.
- Document submission deadline: April 19, 2021
- Required documents:
Updated curriculum vitae with photo. Include the following information.
- Personal data such as Full name, Date of birth (age), civil status, present address, mobile phone number and email address.
- Language (s) and Skill (s): language, computer skill and other qualifications.
- Educational background: school, university name, degree, major.
- Working experience: company / organization name, period, position, role / responsibility.
- Expected monthly salary (THB).
Note: copy of certificates of degrees, language and other skills will be requested for the interview of short listed candidates.
- Time Frame
- Interview: end of April, 2021
- Starting date: end of April or beginning of May 2021 (negotiable but as soon as possible)
- Contract Period: 1 year with the possibility of renewing contract every year (until March 2025)
ผู้ช่วย / Assistant