Are you ready for SAVING LIVES CHANGING LIVES of the world's most vulnerable people?
If yes, this opportunity is for you!
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Vacancy Number: 141371
Duration: 1 Year, renewable
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. It gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
WFP’s Regional Bureau for Asia and the Pacific in Bangkok, Thailand oversees operations in 17 countries plus the Pacific, reaching 30 million people with assistance valued at US $3 billion. The portfolio ranges from humanitarian aid in Tajikistan, to school meals in Cambodia and Laos, supporting government social protection schemes in India and Pakistan, climate change adaptation in Nepal and Sri Lanka, nutrition for mothers and children in Bangladesh and Timor Leste, to emergency preparedness in Indonesia and the Pacific.
Within delegated authority, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
• Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
• Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision-making.
• Monitor the bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
• Review and reconcile various clearing accounts to ensure appropriate balances, and investigate erroneous/invalid entries and take appropriate corrective accounting action
• Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
• Assist in compiling information from various sources in order to prepare reports relating to budgets, accounting, finance and statistics.
• Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
• Maintain the web-based register for all invoices and payment transfers and record paperwork, to ensure that all documents are maintained and filed in compliance with WFP standards and guidelines
• Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner.
• Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other support staff, to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area (finance & accounting) is desirable. University Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related fields would be desirable
At least four years of progressively responsible experience in finance and accounting work including at least two years in the field of administrative services or others related field. Auditing work experience would be desirable.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
• Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Thai.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Experience with SAP, Oracle and other ERP software
• Experience within the UN system in finance, accounting, and budget
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Sunday 2 May 2021, 23:59 hrs Bangkok time
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Thailand. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply through the link below
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Contact : https://bit.ly/2Pl8Pbs