Position: Malaria Technical Assistance in Thailand: Consultancy
Level of effort: As soon as possible to September 30, 2021 with a maximum of 24 days
Purpose of Assignment: Provide technical assistance to the Division of Vector-Borne Disease (DVBD) to address information technology (IT) needs to support strengthening its malaria information system (MIS).
Assignment: RTI International is implementing Inform Asia: United States Agency for International Development’s (USAID’s) Health Research Program. The goal is to support malaria elimination in Thailand by 2024 and in Lao PDR by 2030 through the following three intermediate results (IRs):
• Strengthen the malaria surveillance system in Thailand and Lao PDR
• Evaluate strategies and tools for implementation and scale-up for malaria elimination.
• Strengthen the capacity of the national malaria programs to generate, analyze, and use strategic information.
RTI will hire a local consultant to address IT challenges in Thailand’s MIS, leveraging his/her existing relationships with DVBD and partners and his/her knowledge of health information systems in Thailand.
The consultant will troubleshoot IT challenges with integrating malaria data from multiple data sources. The consultant will assess the fuzzy logic program that integrates MIS and Bureau of Epidemiology (BOE) data and address DVBD’s remaining requests for integration troubleshooting, in addition to assessing the feasibility of also integrating data from the Health Data Center (HDC). The consultant will confirm and improve data integration, in collaboration with Inform Asia’s COP and Monitoring & Surveillance Officer, to ensure that all malaria cases are captured in the MIS with limited errors or duplication. If additional programming is required to create or improve a means to collect comprehensive malaria data in the MIS, the consultant will develop this programming in a mirrored MIS for the IT team at DVBD to finalize and integrate into the live database. This work will require establishing and nurturing strong relationships within the IT and technical teams at DVBD, BOE, and HDC, including polite and persistent follow up.
Specific work and deliverables:
• Attend kick-off meeting with Inform Asia’s COP and Monitoring & Surveillance Officer to finalize implementation plan with Gantt Chart. Attend a mid-term meeting with COP to adjust Gantt Chart as needed.
• Meet with Inform Asia’s COP and Monitoring & Surveillance Officer to gather epidemiological guidance.
• Participate in weekly check-ins with the COP.
• Inform the COP of any obstacle to implementation or challenges in achieving any of the deliverables so that the COP and consultant can work together to overcome.
• Write narrative progress updates to support quarterly program reporting and other ad hoc reporting requests, as required.
• In collaboration with staff from DVBD and RTI, support the development and publication of technical articles and presentations, as required.
Contact : email@example.com