CARE International is one of the world’s largest private relief and development agencies and has its Asia Regional Office in Bangkok, Thailand.
Vacancy: Regional Safeguarding Adviser (Asia Region)
Location: CARE – Asia Regional Management Unit, Bangkok, Thailand
The position will belong to department of safeguarding and PSHEA. Overall duties are to be responsible for socializing and raising awareness based on safeguarding and PSHEA policies at CARE International. The post holder will work with the internal team to deliver report and manage safeguarding and PSHEA; including involving in humanitarian emergencies, program design, and investigation training.
- Providing technical advice and support in safeguarding to colleagues as well as ensuring advice and guidance relating to safeguarding policies and protocols to CARE USA and CARE International.
- Assisting the team to design and to endorse awareness in raising and training which is related to plans designed by safeguarding and development team.
- Working with the team to ensure coordination and PSHEA as the mainstream project and program design
- Working with the team on delivering services and data collection relating to safeguarding and PSHEA.
- Ensuring on action plans to facilitate the improvement in the prevention and response relating to safeguarding and PSEA reports
- Working with the team to ensure the process for appropriate levels of vetting and different levels of staff; including global criminal checks and the INGO misconduct disclosure scheme.
- Ensuring all vetting information retained to protect the organization (CARE)
- Conducting and coordinating investigations with the team relating to safeguarding and PSHEA
- Working on investigation protocols and delivering investigation trainings with the team
- Providing support, expertise, and coordinated response based on PSHEA during humanitarian emergencies
- Working with the team to develop a roster of deployable safeguarding and PSHEA experts that CARE can draw on in emergencies.
- Working on other further tasks relating on safeguarding and PSHEA
- Degree level in related fields
- 3 to 5 years of experience in safeguarding and humanitarian work
- Training in managing sensitive investigations
- Training in interview skills and techniques or meditation skills
- Experiencing in safeguarding PSHEA is preferable.
- Previous experience in managing sensitive and serious investigations including SEA is required.
- Resilience and ability to remain the calm in difficult circumstances are required.
- Experience in managing organizational change and uncertainty is required.
- Being able to be impartial in challenging situations
- Concrete experience in building and maintaining trust
- Previous experience in being trainer, facilitator, and mediator
- Excellent skills in problem-solving and decision-making
- Excellent skills in report-writing and presentation
- Fluent English literacy; Fluent literacy in regional languages is preferable.
Please submit an application letter along with an updated CV / Port Folio to Sara Restua to Sara.Restua@care.org indicating the job title as the subject of your email. Please note that CARE International is the non-governmental organization working for human rights: especially gender equality. Therefore, female candidates are encouraged to apply. Thai national and domestic candidates are also welcomed.
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultantเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer