Job Title: Emergency Medical Referral Translation Assistant (EMRT Assistant) (1 position)
Band / Level / Grade: 9A
Location: Umphang, Tak, Thailand
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
Job Overview/Summary: The EMR Translation Assistant is to assist the referral of patients from camp to Thai hospital and back by direct supervision of Senior Clinical Manager and by the technical support of Senior Referral Officer.
1. Take care of patients at the Patient House (PH):
- Manage referrals according to IRC policy
- Follow up of patients from arrival to Umphang (PH/Thai hospital) to their departure to the camp
- Inform all patients and relatives about PH rules and regulations and supervise that they are followed
- Register all patients upon arrival at the PH or Thai hospital in case of an emergency
- Daily prepare the New Patient Registration form and sent to Thai hospital
- Record Daily summary of IPD patient and sent to Senior Medical Referral Officer twice a week
- Daily patient planning
- Record of hospital information upon discharge
- Daily inform KRC the number of companions of patient who admitted at hospital
- In case of suspect infectious diseases, take preventive measures
- In case of victim of SGBV, treat according to IRC protocol
- Check that referral documents, Lema (Medical record book) and any other papers of the patients (laboratory results, etc.) are correctly filled upon arrival and before departure to the camp (usually done by Thai doctor, if not EMRT staff responsible to fill up necessary and correct information)
- Ensure that treatment prescribed from hospital is well transmitted to the patient and camp medical team
2. Take care and follow up of patients at Thai hospital:
- Make an appointment with necessary specialist for a consultation
- Organize transport to and from hospital for patients in coordination with IRC Umphang drivers.
- In case of hospitalization arrange administrative formalities upon admission and discharge
- Distribute the “Admission set” patient who hospitalization
- Assist patients during consultation, follow up and hospitalization
- Visit daily hospitalized patients
- Be aware of the patient diagnose and follow all tests that are being administered by Thai doctors in order to inform Senior Clinical Manager/ Senior Medical Referral Officer and to avoid too many tests or too long hospitalization
- Accompany and support to Senior Clinical Manager/ Senior Medical Referral Officer during hospital visits
- In case of an unexpected medical development, inform on time Senior Clinical Manager.
- Act as a translator for patients/IRC doctors/hospital staffs in Karen (Burmese)/Thai/English
- Make sure patient follows the treatment prescribed while in hospital or PH
3. Additional responsibilities
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Maintain effective communication with National and Camp Base Staffs.
- Take night and weekend shifts according to planning done by Senior Clinical Manager
- Respond to emergency situations, when necessary
- Follow that PH assets are in good condition
- Notify Senior Clinical Manager in case of need of maintenance in the PH or material supply
- Perform other related tasks and ad hoc activities assigned by supervisors and/or line manager.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Clinical Manager
Technical Oversight/ Support by: Health Coordinator, Senior Medical Referral Officer, Health Program Officer
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Program staff and Camp base staff
External: Thai Hospital
• Nurse or other medical background.
Work Experience and/or Demonstrated Abilities
• At least 1 years of relevant work experience in a similar position
• Experience in an NGO is an asset.
• Ability to work in low-resource settings.
• Respect the humanitarian principle and organizational rules and regulation
• Strong coordination and communication skills
• Working knowledge of Thai, English, Karen and/or Burmese
• Team Player
Please apply via below link:
Application deadline: 23 March 2021
Contact : +66 (0) 2 253 6519-27 Ext 336