(See detailed Term of Reference at APCOM website / "Work with Us")
Country Technical Assistant Officer (Thailand)
Thai nationality only
Roles and Responsibilities
The U=U TA Officer will adapt key messaging on the principles of U=U to the context of Thailand with a focus on improving access to ART and retention for viral suppression. The officer will facilitate the discussion and provision of TA on dissemination activities with CBOs in Thailand. The officer is also tasked to oversee the implementation of social and behavioral change communications (SBCC) activities in the country and organising a mid-project evaluation of the dissemination activities.
- Conduct country-focused situational analysis and needs assessments with community organisations and relevant technical agencies to:
- Determine the current level of access of Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) in healthcare settings in Thailand;
- Identify the social and structural barriers limiting the access to the life-saving ART;
- Document the implementation of national policies and programs ensuring early access to treatment, as well as map out the structure and relationship of institutions involved in the HIV treatment service delivery;
- Assess the technical and programmatic capacity of community-based organisations and identify the specific technical assistance needs for an effective implementation of social and behavioral communications change (SBCC) activities;
- Support APCOM and Thai-based community-based organisations and KP-led groups to design, plan, budget/cost, and implement SBCC activities to promote the messaging using the principles of U=U among key population who are living with HIV, as well as medical practitioners and service providers;
- Ensure that peer-to-peer nature of the technical assistance is realized while proactively strengthening the technical and program capacity of the CBOs;
- Support country-level key population networks in mobilizing communities and implementing advocacy activities as part of the behavioral change communications using the principles of U=U;
- Lead all aspects the management of complex, multi-stakeholder projects, with support from senior management, ensuring financial accountability, timeliness and quality;
- Manage monitoring, evaluation and reporting for projects under their supervision, including establishing and maintaining appropriate advisory structures;
- Recommend appropriate management and technical adjustments into project workplans, in consultation with senior management and key partners to ensure quality in compliance with the project or donor requirements;
- Document the status of project implementation, challenges in conducting activities as well as develop quarterly narrative reports as required by the donor.
- Establish and maintain relationships with regional key population networks and explore opportunities in adopting the principles of Undetectable=Untransmissible (U=U) as social and behavioral change communications based on Asian contexts;
- Promote and reinforce the role of APCOM in representing the PLHIV community in the region, as well as a technical assistance provider to ensure community or KP-led HIV response
4. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
A university degree in social sciences, social policy and development, or other related fields. Although not required, applicants with Master’s Degree on Public Health is desirable.
Fresh graduates with exceptional academic performance and displayed inspiring leadership skills are encouraged to submit their applications.
- Experience working with organisations or networks led by, and/or serving, LGBTIQ communities and key populations affected by HIV;
- At most 3 years of professional experience with non-government organisations in Thailand;
- A professional profile which includes technical assistance, capacity development and project management experience include short-term projects;
- Sound technical knowledge in either of the following:
- HIV programming and HIV service delivery;
- Social behavioral change communications, and campaign implementation
- Desirable but not necessary - experience in facilitating workshops or trainings with members of the key population or LGBTQI communities;
- Desirable but not necessary - have attended trainings on Human Rights, international instruments, Conventions and Principles on human rights;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated high proficiency in both Thai and English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Ability to work under pressure, with limited day-to-day support
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to analyse and consolidate information from multitude sources and prepare background papers
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to detail and quality
- Sensitive and professional approach to sexuality and sexual health issues
PREPARING YOUR APPLICATION:
If you think you have the passion, skills and qualifications for this position and would like to join our team please prepare your application by addressing each point listed in section 4 ‘Knowledge and Skill Requirements’ in the above position description/brief in your cover letter. You are required to state how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications relate to the position. It is recommended that you address each criterion separately in point form. You should use statements with examples that clearly demonstrate your competency in a particular area.
Applicants who fail to demonstrate that they meet the requirements and failure to submit the concept note will not be invited to attend an interview.
Please attach this application along with your CV, covering letter stating your proposed monthly rate and submit to the APCOM Secretariat by emailing JoinUs@apcom.org no later than 26 MARCH 2021 7:00 PM GMT+7.
The completeness and relevance of your application will determine whether or not you are called for an interview. Where a large number of applicants meet the essential and desirable requirements, only those applicants who most strongly meet the requirements will be selected for interview.
Please ensure that you have attached and included the following information to ensure you application is complete.
☑ CV with 3 references
☑ Application addressing each point listed in Section 4 ‘Knowledge and Skill Requirements’
☑ Cover Letter (Please explain how you meet the qualifications outlined in this Terms of reference, and why you consider yourself appropriate for the role. Please include proposed monthly salary in Thai Baht
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer