Title: Consultant - Finance Assistant
Total number of Consultants: 1
Country Program: Operations, Thailand
Proposed Dates: 1 May 2021 – 31 July 2021
Duration: 3 months
Background of the project: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
Scope of work: The Finance Assistant (contractor) will be a member of Operations team based in Mae Sot Office under the supervision of Deputy Field Coordinator for Operations. This position is to ensure that high quality financial management and support are provided to staff where appropriate.
- Assist Finance Officer in general support such as going to bank.
- Assist Finance Officer in document filling system.
- Assist Finance Officer to Follow-up on invoices for materials and supplies with procurement staff and program staff for payments.
- Photocopy and scan all necessary documents.
- Assist Finance Officer part to inventory cycle count.
- Assist Finance Officer preparing CBAs Stipend and go for pay stipend in camp.
- Assist Finance Officer to entry transactions in excel spreadsheet.
- Assist Finance Officer to ensure to calculate withholding tax in compliance with the revenue’s rules and regulations by twice a month.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration or relevant field.
Work Experience: Experience in similar position is preferable.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
Language Skills: Good command of Thai and English languages skills, Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Working Environment: The position will be based in Mae Sot, a town in the North of Thailand, with travel to the three refugee camps.
If you are interested, please submit CV and cover letter to Thailand.HR@rescue.org
Application dealine: 22 March 2021
Contact : +66 (0) 2 253 6519-27 Ext 336